By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Since no GT5:Sony again messed up Ps3 holidays!

sad news indeed i feel it slipped abit to far, 6 months WTF sony that half a year away!

Around the Network
Username2324 said:
It's not necessarily Sony's fault, Polyphony has spent way too much time with Prologue, they should have just released it, and moved on instead of hanging around it so much.

It's a disappointment, but oh well.

Yet another example on how Sony milks fanboy money...  The only company in the game industry that can release a demo and call it a game...  And have 3 Million fans buy it..

I can't believe I bought GT5P...  They haven't even patched in trophy support because their so cheap...

NeoRatt said:
Username2324 said:
It's not necessarily Sony's fault, Polyphony has spent way too much time with Prologue, they should have just released it, and moved on instead of hanging around it so much.

Yet another example on how Sony milks fanboy money...  The only company in the game industry that can release a demo and call it a game...  And have 3 Million fans buy it..

I can't believe I bought GT5P...  They haven't even patched in trophy support because their so cheap...

Couldnt you say the same about Halo ODST? I mean sure its different from other Halo's but its just an expansion isnt it? and being charged at full price. So then MS is the "only company that can release an expansion pack and call it a game".....yea....its not just Sony, its just business. 

Well its your loss if you werent satistifed with the results of GT5P which im sure you were aware it was just a 'demo'.  And you bought GT5P in hopes that they have trophies? People buy the game for what the disc contains, not for expectations for more stuff to come....quit whining like a baby.

They messed it up a bit, but they haven't lost it.

But early 2010 is to crowded with big Sony exclusives. MAG, Heavy Rain, White Knight Chronicles, God of War III and Gran Turismo 5.

^That's true, they should dominate the beginning of 2010 now. This is still a missed opportunity though.

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
When GT5 releases is not an issue. How it is on release is what matters.

GT5

- Dynamic Weather
- Dymanic Day/Night

- Livery Customization (paint, wheels, panels, ect.)
- Damage
- Tuning Beyond GT4
- Online (Private Rooms, Match Making, Chat, Tournements, Challanges, Photo/Video Uploading)
- Nascar/WRC Licences Fully Realized

I consider these things to be essential. If any one of the above features is missing then we can consider Polyphony and Sony done for in the car simulator market.

Off topic but I have to ask: Are the above highlighted things confirmed somewhere? Online tournaments (I imagine a huge championship pyramid/three based on skill and location) would be really cool.

How do u guys get so much money to buy so many games..I'm sure there are more awesome games available for u then u can buy. You'll be fine. ;)

CGI-Quality said:
KBG29 said:
When GT5 releases is not an issue. How it is on release is what matters.

GT5

- Dynamic Weather
- Dymanic Day/Night
- Livery Customization (paint, wheels, panels, ect.)
- Damage
- Tuning Beyond GT4
- Online (Private Rooms, Match Making, Chat, Tournements, Challanges, Photo/Video Uploading)
- Nascar/WRC Licences Fully Realized

I consider these things to be essential. If any one of the above features is missing then we can consider Polyphony and Sony done for in the car simulator market.

As for this Holiday.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (sept 29) - good
Demons Soul (oct 6) - good
Afrika (oct 6) - meh
Uncharted 2: Amoung thieves (oct 13) - great
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time (oct 27) - great
Tekken 6 (oct) - not exclusive
Eye Pet (nov 17) - meh
Modern Warfare 2 (nov 10) - not exclusive
Assasins Creed 2 (nov 17) - not exclusive
Gof of War Collection (nov - dec) - delayed in europe

I think they are just fine this holiday. Plus the new price cut, back catalgue, blu-ray, and marketing. Sony will be very competitive. Then starting next year with MAG, 3D at CES, Heavy Rain, GT5, GOW3, FFXIII, and motion controls + games. Its all about PS3 from now tell next E3.

I keep forgetting about The God of war Collection. That DOES add some fire to the line-up!

God of War Collection is not avaliable in Europe until 2010. For some reason Sony can't re-release some PS2 games into Europe until 2010!

Sony WTF is wrong with you, you are so incompitent it's not even funny.

There are hardly any good exclusives this year, everything has been delayed until next year. I bet they have been sitting on their collective asses this whole time.

V-r0cK said:
NeoRatt said:
Username2324 said:

Couldnt you say the same about Halo ODST? I mean sure its different from other Halo's but its just an expansion isnt it? and being charged at full price. So then MS is the "only company that can release an expansion pack and call it a game".....yea....its not just Sony, its just business. 

Well its your loss if you werent satistifed with the results of GT5P which im sure you were aware it was just a 'demo'.  And you bought GT5P in hopes that they have trophies? People buy the game for what the disc contains, not for expectations for more stuff to come....quit whining like a baby.

Maybe you should play ODST before judging it...  I thought the same...

Played through it Tuesday and it took about 8 hours just going straight through (I played Halo 3 in 8.5)...  Game mechanics have changed in many good ways and although it is obviously Halo, it is also much different...  Add to that Firefight mode, 3 new multi-player maps, and reason to play the campaign again to get all the collectables...  Seems to me it has pretty solid value.  Just as solid as any other full game...  Not to mention I never bought any of the other multi-player maps so I got $30 in multi-players maps I never had as well...

i would have preferred it in 2009 but march 2010 is fine by me.

in the meanwhile, i have ratchet and clank, agarest senki, demon souls, sigma 2, god of war collection , uncharted 2 and eyepet to buy in 2009 so im happy all round.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...