By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft interested in buying EA

Anyone seen this:

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2009/09/23/update-cowen-calls-msfterts-rumor-silly/

Interesting to see some trading views. I note they question regulatory checks, something I'm dubious about here. MS buying EA I could easily see having regulatory challenges.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

"However, Microsoft spokesman David Dennis dispelled the rumor.

"There is no truth to this rumor," he said in an e-mail to seattlepi.com, "we have no plans to purchase EA."

Source - Sorry if its already been posted, but I think this pretty much kills the idea.

Demotruk said:
What on Earth is a "TRUE gamer"? Is it anything like a "true scotsman"?

True gamer = Person who plays games, not consoles.

True gamer = Person who plays games, not sales.

On a more unimportant quality though, true gamer = person who doesn't complain about controls (because he learns to ADAPT!).

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Yeah there is also no truth to a price cut either right? I kid. I kid.

I don't understand the whole "Well EA will lose 40% of It's revenue if they go exclusive with Microsoft." Thats bull. There are tons of people out there (IE Madden nuts and Sims fanatics) that would easily buy a beefy PC and/or 360 to purchase their products. There would be tons of people buying 360's if they could only get Madden on the 360 for example.

I think the handheld market they could just make Zune HD and future Zune's (as well as Microsoft mobile software) to be able to portable versions of Madden.

It's just that simple.

nordlead said:
That would be huge if it happened, but highly unlikely. EA makes its money by producing multiplatform games. Microsoft would either be forced to produce games for competitors hardware or throw away 4/5ths of EA's potential income which would make the company worthless. Granted EA does make some exclusives, but Microsoft would be better off buying a highly talented studio that focuses on 1 platform at a time. So a company like Level 5 would be a better choice.

Well said. your become'n a fave of mine now an days.

@Dis- you have issues...

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
Demotruk said:

On a more unimportant quality though, true gamer = person who doesn't complain about controls (because he learns to ADAPT!).

And most important...

"Well, one of the characteristics of a true gamer is one who believes in competition."

Just had to re-emphazise the competition quote in there.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Ok, I realise I am not a frequent poster on this forum and so don't expect everyone to read my message, but I posted something important which is being ignored!

Look about 6 messages up!!!

tronied said:

Ok, I realise I am not a frequent poster on this forum and so don't expect everyone to read my message, but I posted something important which is being ignored!

It's being ignored because it's not controversal enough to fuel a fanboy's orgasm.  Sadly, that's how these sites work.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
huaxiong90 said:
Demotruk said:

And most important...

"Well, one of the characteristics of a true gamer is one who believes in competition."

Just had to re-emphazise the competition quote in there.

Ah, yes. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Jordahn said:
tronied said:

It's being ignored because it's not controversal enough to fuel a fanboy's orgasm.  Sadly, that's how these sites work.

^ What this guy said. I wouldn't fret about it if I were you.