By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft interested in buying EA

If it happened can you guys imagine Madden being xbox 360 exclusive? Damn!

Around the Network
Uberkiffer said:

Madden cant be exclusive

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
I hope it will happen.

I'm curious, why?

Pardon my interuption. But I see it like this. Exclusives just seem to be better. Look at Sega's exclusives, Valkyria chronicles, HotD:O, Madworld. It just seems to me that when developers just focus on one console it just seems to turn out to be a better quality game. Though that isn't always the case.

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
I hope it will happen.

I'm curious, why?

First for the reason Kow said, 'for the shitstorm'. It would be epic to witness the fuzz, the hate and the fear. And it would give us the feeling of control - the hope that we'd get a bunch of new exclusives and a chance to dominate for once (real or illusionary feeling of control, that I don't know).

Aquiring EA wouldn't be worth it for MS from a business perspective, but it would be a nice present for the fans.

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
I hope it will happen.

I'm curious, why?

First for the reason Kow said, 'for the shitstorm'. It would be epic to witness the fuzz, the hate and the fear. And it would give us the feeling of control - the hope that we'd get a bunch of new exclusives and a chance to dominate for once (real or illusionary feeling of control, that I don't know).

Aquiring EA wouldn't be worth it for MS from a business perspective, but it would be a nice present for the fans.

Around the Network

Highly unlikely, and I genuinely hope it never happens.

The console war would be over, and the Playstation brand would never be competitive again.

The only game company with a first party line-up strong enough to single-handedly carry a console is Nintendo.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

nordlead said:
That would be huge if it happened, but highly unlikely. EA makes its money by producing multiplatform games. Microsoft would either be forced to produce games for competitors hardware or throw away 4/5ths of EA's potential income which would make the company worthless. Granted EA does make some exclusives, but Microsoft would be better off buying a highly talented studio that focuses on 1 platform at a time. So a company like Level 5 would be a better choice.

I can see some benefits. Obviously most games would need to be multiplatform, but a few franchises could get early releases on the 360. I'm sure EA and Microsoft know if it's worthwhile though .. I think the chances are slim.

starcraft said:
Highly unlikely, and I genuinely hope it never happens.

The console war would be over, and the Playstation brand would never be competitive again.

The only game company with a first party line-up strong enough to single-handedly carry a console is Nintendo.

Wouldn't MGS and EA be able to support a console by itself?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Vetteman94 said:
Uberkiffer said:

Madden cant be exclusive

Timed exclusive.

That would be insane if they do, however I highly doubt EA would agree with this. They make their money from being a multi platform company. Could they make as much just from selling on XBox? I don't think so. It wouldn't be smart from a business standpoint for them. It's a great move for Microsoft though.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089