By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft interested in buying EA

dolemit3 said:
Vetteman94 said:
noname2200 said:
Why not? If they were willing to write a check to buy Nintendo not too long ago...

I dont think EA would be interested, I am sure they make alot of money put games on the Wii, PS3, DS, PSP and PS2.   I dont think they would be willing to give up that kind of revenue to make games for one platform

Looking at their financials, they don't make any money at all for the last few quarters.

True, but as someone already pointed out if EA cannot continue to make multi-platform games their value as a company shrinks to a fraction of what you would have to pay for it.  Not a good buisness move in my opinion.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Haha...that would be funny on sa many ways.

Peter Moore, secretly working for MS...all along...

Letting EA buy bioware, then buying bioware back by buying whole of EA...quite hillarious.

Celebrity Mole: Gaming Edition?

Yesterday it was EA entering the console race now this. I admire the internet sometimes...

Most likely started by a disgruntled EA shareholder.

If they didn't want to spend the few billion it would have taken to buy Take-Two a couple years back, there's no way EA is in their price range.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Vetteman94 said:
dolemit3 said:
Vetteman94 said:
noname2200 said:
Why not? If they were willing to write a check to buy Nintendo not too long ago...

I dont think EA would be interested, I am sure they make alot of money put games on the Wii, PS3, DS, PSP and PS2.   I dont think they would be willing to give up that kind of revenue to make games for one platform

Looking at their financials, they don't make any money at all for the last few quarters.

True, but as someone already pointed out if EA cannot continue to make multi-platform games their value as a company shrinks to a fraction of what you would have to pay for it.  Not a good buisness move in my opinion.

This wouldn't be about EA's viability on its own, but about Microsoft's gain as a whole, and making EA Sports exclusive to the 360 (sans Madden, which MUST be multi-platform) would be a big blow to Sony (and a minor one to Nintendo). Locking in all the other EA games as exclusives only furthers this.

I'm still not saying it would be a wise idea, mind you, but it would be interesting to see. And by "interesting," this PC-gamer means "somewhat horrifying."

Around the Network

Microsoft is not a gaming company. Buying all of EA seems to be too big compared to their current efforts in the gaming division.

The problem with any of the big three buying a multi-platform developers is that if you make them exclusive, revenue and profit would be decimated as much of the company is dedicated to multi-platform development.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

thekitchensink said:
If they didn't want to spend the few billion it would have taken to buy Take-Two a couple years back, there's no way EA is in their price range.

You may not be acquainted with buying things, but not thinking something is worth the money doesn't mean you'll never make a larger purchase. "I don't want to spend $35 on dinner, so clearly I will never buy a new suit." Take-Two is badly mismanaged and constantly in financial trouble. EA may be more expensive, but there's a much larger upside.

I hope they do, cause they will never make their monies back!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

noname2200 said:
Vetteman94 said:
dolemit3 said:
Vetteman94 said:
noname2200 said:

This wouldn't be about EA's viability on its own, but about Microsoft's gain as a whole, and making EA Sports exclusive to the 360 (sans Madden, which MUST be multi-platform) would be a big blow to Sony (and a minor one to Nintendo). Locking in all the other EA games as exclusives only furthers this.

I'm still not saying it would be a wise idea, mind you, but it would be interesting to see. And by "interesting," this PC-gamer means "somewhat horrifying."

Well, MS puts all its exclusives on the PC, so you shouldn't be worried at all. Now if you were a PS3/Wii gamer, horrifying is about right.