By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Let's talk sales! ODST sells more in 24 hours than KILLZONE in 29 weeks!

thecoolestguyever said:
Oh my Microsoft's biggest franchise outsold a previously mediocre FPS franchise. Too bad Killzone 2 got higher reviews and it is generally accepted that it's the better game.

the sad thing is that ODST is an expansion that was done in less than a year.

Around the Network
darendt said:
And yet it still sucks. Amazing really. Just goes to show you that your could put the word Halo on just about anything and sell a couple million. They should name the next Killzone, Killzone 3 Halo edition and would sell gangbusters

I'd watch your words if I were you.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Well what do u expect. Us PS3 owners have so many excluvies to choose from. 4 brilliant exclusives coming out in October. You have only one for 12 months so obviously Halo will sell more

Doesnt matter, Gran Turismo 5 will crush both

CGI-Quality said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
CGI-Quality said:

Why even put these games against each other like this? I swear, people TRULY forgot what gaming is all about .Both games are fun. Both games sold well, although Halo will always sell better than Killzone (even though it's still irrelevant).

And before you pull the "we're on a sales site" card, I'm aware of that, and like that this site tracks sales. I just don't see this as useful, in fact, I see it as abusing the site's purpose in the first place. This thread was not made with good intentions.

Why not?...They are both FPS games...

Point? Ok, so were Turning Point Fall f Liberty and Halo 3. Lemme guess, they're comparable too huh?

Of course not, silly, they're on the same console!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

It's true though, 360 Knows how to sale shooters i tell ya.

Well done Bungie, well done indeed.

And i don't see this topic as flamebait because there really no excuse for KZ2 not doing the same thing... i would say some nasty things about KZ2 now be im afraid "certain" members would not be pleased by me. >_> *Runs out of thread like a wuss*

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

And i don't see this topic as flamebait because there really no excuse for KZ2 not doing the same thing... i would say some nasty things about KZ2 now be im afraid "certain" members would not be pleased by me. >_> *Runs out of thread like a wuss*

+1, man. I guess you also agree that SEGA are fail developers because VC didn't sell 5 million like Dragon Quest VIII >_>

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

+1, man. I guess you also agree that SEGA are fail developers because VC didn't sell 5 million like Dragon Quest VIII >_>

RUN FER T3h HILLZ!!

lol

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

CGI-Quality said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
CGI-Quality said:

Why even put these games against each other like this? I swear, people TRULY forgot what gaming is all about .Both games are fun. Both games sold well, although Halo will always sell better than Killzone (even though it's still irrelevant).

And before you pull the "we're on a sales site" card, I'm aware of that, and like that this site tracks sales. I just don't see this as useful, in fact, I see it as abusing the site's purpose in the first place. This thread was not made with good intentions.

Why not?...They are both FPS games...

Point? Ok, so were Turning Point Fall f Liberty and Halo 3. Lemme guess, they're comparable too huh?

so you are saying Halo 3 = killzone 2

and Halo 3: ODST = fall of liberty?

That doesn't make any sense. You are basically saying ODST sucks, and Halo 3 is equal to killzone 2 even though ODST and killzone 2 cannot be compared.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive