By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendomination at an end?

The Wii has so much room for pricecuts it's not even funny. Almost a year ago the manufacturing cost was estimated to $158. How much is it today then? If they ever start piling up in warehouses Nintendo can definitely reduce the price without hurting.

Around the Network

It's really suitable to call everyone a fanboy when nobody understands your point, isn't it?

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

finalsquall said:
I hope so :P cause ppl laughed at me when I said after 12 mil the Wii prices will slow down. I gather this period is due to hardware restraints and will boost soon with Wii fit. The problem is you want casual players and that is what you will get. Wii is now forced to make casual games as its main course. I personally think with the DS and Wii having similar types of games it's over-saturating them, and inevitably will turn ppl off playing the same old. As like the ps3, the Wii needs good games to capture what they have caught.

You brought the DS into this? I expect the DS to continue it's domination very soon. This week my friend, this week. Hannah Montana Jams is going to blow everything out of the water.

Dodece, have a look at this:
http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weekly=1

Yes, the Wii has seen better times; it has also seen worst times. Mostly, it's the competition that has improved. How? The 360 has had a price drop, and its big game for the generation. The PS3 has seen 2 price drops. And the Wii is still outselling its competition.

I'd wait a little longer before announcing the world that "Nintendomination" is over. And I certainly wouldn't do it in the week the Wii took number one back after Halo, the first in a few weeks in which worldwide sales have actually increased, and mere weeks before what will for sure be one of its biggest games in the generation.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

DS and Wii domination really only depends on the sales of PSP, PS3 and the 360, they need to decline as they just cant make thoses Wii's. althought I expect production is up but being help back for Christmas. I think the PSP, PS3 and the 360 sales will all now decline as no Halo, price cuts done for PS3 and PSP nlite sales boast is coming to an end.

Around the Network
Taz42 said:
The Wii has so much room for pricecuts it's not even funny. Almost a year ago the manufacturing cost was estimated to $158. How much is it today then? If they ever start piling up in warehouses Nintendo can definitely reduce the price without hurting.
I don't know who to believe about production costs of the Wii. Some two weeks ago i read a report saying that Nintendo is ahead by 50$ in the US with every unit, 78$ in  Europe,and a meager 12$ in Japan. So they're making lotsa cash anyway you look at it, question is just how much cash are we talking about? 

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Is it over? No, It hasn't even begun yet. Now that there will be more things on the Wii, things will continue. Wii will out-pace the others for some time to come.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Soriku said:
Taz42 said:

Phil Harrison said there'd be no Wii price drops now.

George Harrison perhaps? :)

Anyway, this is sort of my point. They don't need to drop it now because they probably expect to run out of Wiis this christmas season.

Hardware Sales, 13th Oct 2007

JapanAmericaOthersTotal

Sorry if numbers scare you.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

@soriku

They just need japan.

mM