By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendomination at an end?

@soriku

It cost as much as the xbxo 360 elite in europe(the 40gb).

OT: I believe Sony needs to attack now, tHE WII SALES HAVE DROPPED IN JAPAN, and they need to attack before SMG. The 40gb ps3+ 60gb price cut, and Dynast warriors 6 ps3 dualshock 3 40gb bundle, may increase sales heck maybe up to 50k.

mM
Around the Network

I remember when the japanese bought over a million copies of mario64 on the first day. People kept talking on how the japs love nintendo and mario.....but somehow i feel uneasy about SM:G sales over in Japan. I just seems strange to me that this current drought would be just magically ended with one game. Let's hope i'm wrong about this...anyway those who care for the games succes.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

end of it? heck this is just a taste of it, the pure beginning.

it's hard to realise i know, just try.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Soriku said:
What's sad is after all this events (price cuts, bundles, Wii droughts, etc.) to make other systems rise for a bit over the Wii people continue to make this same thread ("O noz! WII IS d000med!1!" <--- that stuff) and after a week or so later the Wii trudges easily beyond the other systems again...

Will this EVER end?

Not for another 5 years...

Play Sega Saturn!!!

My Music Video

My History

So much truth in this thread. Nothing's stopping Nintendo this holiday season. Next Christmas maybe?

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network

for the love of god, Dodece, I tried to defend your FUDing before, but seriously this time it's just grasping at straws. How many times has EVERYONE here been over why console sales are low in Japan at this time of year? Five times? Ten? It's not about drought of games, it's about seasonal lows that are seen every year.

You're really grasping for straws. Nintendo regains being the market leader this week and you ask if their domination is at an end.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

@Leo-j Are you insane boy? Japan has already the sweetest deal when it comes to prices, thay basically buy their consoles at 2/3 of European prices and 4/5 of american, not to mention that they are getting another (!!) price cut during the next 3 weeks. The way you want Sony to act may just as well send the company,or at least it's gaming devision, to it's financial grave!

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Dodece said:
Interesting so we believe the state of the Wii in Japan is a byproduct of, or the result of having no quality titles to bolster hardware sales. Then I have to ask what is bolstering the sales of the other two consoles. Less specifically the 360 which seems to always be low, but remarkably stable. However what is moving PS3 sales in Japan. Have there been some killer releases that I am not aware of?

Well Nintendo's last big game in Japan was Dragon Quest Swords (about 12 weeks ago) whereas the PS3's last big game was Everybody's Golf 5 ... In the time since then the only Wii game of note has been Mario Strikers (a very minor series in Japan) where the PS3 has seen a steady release of minor games like Oblivion and Bladestorm; on top of that the PS3 gains some steady sales as a Blu-Ray player being that it is still (one of) the least expensive Blu-Ray players in Japan and the format war seems decided there.

This is why I think removing backwards compatibility was a good move by Sony, look how many units they're moving now. I think it will last well into the holidays.

The 360 is selling strongly in NA as I predicted it would this season, with Halo 3, Bioshock, and other strong titles. Make no mistake, Microsoft is going to have a kickass holiday in NA. I think they'll sell more 360s than Nintendo will sell Wiis in NA between October 1 and December 31. The demand for Wii may be higher, but demand for 360 is damn high, and Nintendo just doesn't have the capacity.

Wojtas said:
@Leo-j Are you insane boy? Japan has already the sweetest deal when it comes to prices, thay basically buy their consoles at 2/3 of European prices and 4/5 of american, not to mention that they are getting another (!!) price cut during the next 3 weeks. The way you want Sony to act may just as well send the company,or at least it's gaming devision, to it's financial grave!

The price cut is coming later this month and 40gb comes out in november.. its been confirmed already. They have acted already. And OCT 28 FOLKS COULD BE 40GB U.S RELEASE  $399.99

mM