By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendomination at an end?

It's actually bad that both the 360 and the PS3 can't beat the Wii's WW hardware, even after price cuts and bundles galore. The Wii's package hasn't changed since launch.

Around the Network

Don't forget the DS....

Play Sega Saturn!!!

My Music Video

My History

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. Nintendo still winning in the midst of two huge attacks (halo and new cheaper SKU) without even trying (they haven't even unleashed their flurry of 1st and 3rd party games that come in November), I think is a sign that nintendo is still dominating. Microsoft managed to win for what, one week? Or was it two? PS3 coming within 60,000? That's something to brag about? If anything this just solidifies Nintendo's position as market leader. Nobody has done anything to dethrone them even using their best weapons of the year.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

It's just a convinient time to think Nintendo are being caught up. Japanese sales are down due to a trend which seems to happen every year (and is happening to every console), meanwhile Microsoft have Halo 3 sales boost in the USA and PS3 is on the boost from a price cut.

In a few weeks, the Wii will be kicking everyones arse in Japan again, and will regain the lead in America and Europe by a sufficient margin. And then Super Mario Galaxy will be released :/.

Interesting so we believe the state of the Wii in Japan is a byproduct of, or the result of having no quality titles to bolster hardware sales. Then I have to ask what is bolstering the sales of the other two consoles. Less specifically the 360 which seems to always be low, but remarkably stable. However what is moving PS3 sales in Japan. Have there been some killer releases that I am not aware of?

Around the Network

It's far too early to start forecasting doom for any company/console.

I don't think it will last but the Wii will go down slowly but surely, the only reason its so popular is because its so cheap (money wise).

Dodece said:
Interesting so we believe the state of the Wii in Japan is a byproduct of, or the result of having no quality titles to bolster hardware sales. Then I have to ask what is bolstering the sales of the other two consoles. Less specifically the 360 which seems to always be low, but remarkably stable. However what is moving PS3 sales in Japan. Have there been some killer releases that I am not aware of?

Blue-Ray...

Play Sega Saturn!!!

My Music Video

My History

Seems like the lower priced model in 'others' did do nicely, but I don't think it will be much more than a bump for a couple of weeks.

We will not know if Wii/DS can continue to dominate until the holiday period is over. That will be the proof in the pudding.

If Wii/DS does not dominate all charts, then I will be revising my forecasts for 2008.

cool48 said:
I don't think it will last but the Wii will go down slowly but surely, the only reason its so popular is because its so cheap (money wise).

Then why does it sell at 350+ on Ebay and Amazon? And for $600+ with online bundles?

Play Sega Saturn!!!

My Music Video

My History