By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Muramasa sold over 50k in NA for the first week

awesome

Around the Network

I was hoping for 20,000,000,000 first week because this game deserves to sell just as well as bread.

Muramasa forever Digimon never!

I was very surprised by these numbers. Obviously it built up quite a cult fanbase for the game. Doubt it'll have legs like Odin Sphere but it is good to see a moderate size of Wii gamers waiting for such Wii games.

Zucas said:
I was very surprised by these numbers. Obviously it built up quite a cult fanbase for the game. Doubt it'll have legs like Odin Sphere but it is good to see a moderate size of Wii gamers waiting for such Wii games.

50,000 is a mdoerate size of Wii gamers? I'm really not trying to flame, but isn't that kind of on the lower side.  Games seem like they keep getting praised for 100,000 or 200,000 sales.  It's not bad, but it seems like their is always a reason for it not selling more.  Not that their have been an astounding amount of efforts attempted like this game, but still..... 

50,000. ah that's pretty good.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
FonzGemini said:
Man that sucks..... hopefully sales pick up a bit.

What? What did you expect? 1 mil? 50k is great for a 2D title for the first week. It's Vanillaware's best OP week for a game ever.

So did No More Heroes, and that flopped big time.

Wait, it's getting a sequel? But it still flopped! The fact that Suda thinks the third game could be on another system proves it!

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

very nice sales

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

NYANKS said:
Zucas said:

50,000 is a mdoerate size of Wii gamers? I'm really not trying to flame, but isn't that kind of on the lower side.  Games seem like they keep getting praised for 100,000 or 200,000 sales.  It's not bad, but it seems like their is always a reason for it not selling more.  Not that their have been an astounding amount of efforts attempted like this game, but still..... 

The thing is that they would have sold about as much on the HD systems. Just that the cost would have been higher, so they would have lost money.

These are niche titles, and 50K is actually a good opening for them. Just the Wii, DS, and PSP mean their budgets are in a reasonable range.

Valkyria Chronicles sold well, but for a PS3 game, it's not spectacular. If the sequel sells even half that well on the PSP, it's a success.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
NYANKS said:
Zucas said:

The thing is that they would have sold about as much on the HD systems. Just that the cost would have been higher, so they would have lost money.

These are niche titles, and 50K is actually a good opening for them. Just the Wii, DS, and PSP mean their budgets are in a reasonable range.

Valkyria Chronicles sold well, but for a PS3 game, it's not spectacular. If the sequel sells even half that well on the PSP, it's a success.

It might have even sold less, because of the bias towards 2D games (that aren't fighters) and less userbase.

But that aside, the fact that this game sold 50k at the beginning is a good sign.  And these games aren't always frontloaded.  Don't get them confused with Final Fantasy or Pokemon.  What may help this game sell better is word of mouth and a long shelf life.  As well as a later price cut which may spur a second small surge in sales.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
NYANKS said:
Zucas said:

It might have even sold less, because of the bias towards 2D games (that aren't fighters) and less userbase.

But that aside, the fact that this game sold 50k at the beginning is a good sign.  And these games aren't always frontloaded.  Don't get them confused with Final Fantasy or Pokemon.  What may help this game sell better is word of mouth and a long shelf life.  As well as a later price cut which may spur a second small surge in sales.

lol, HD gamers are biased against 2D games? What evidence do you have?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.