By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - tales of vesparia sales could have been way better....

starterman1989 said:
So the origin of the ban is a debate whether 'port' is the right term for a 1-year-old game being remade for another system or not.
-_-''

No. That's your presumed premise for the origin of a discussion, not the ban.

The real origin of the discussion was wheather the great sales of this game were due strictly to the PS3 new price-cut selling power, or instead, to the popularity of the Tales series in Japan, high user-reviews of Vesperia itself, and the inability of most of the fanbase to play it, due to them not owning Xbox 360s.

Some people attempted to spin this news, "ToV has great sales" to give all the credit to the PS3 and a tales fan objected, as he very well should have. Spin sucks, and I for one, will not leave it unconfronted.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
c0rd said:

Soriku, what was the last Tales game Team Destiny made?

Just wondering about your popularity claim, not really sure who made what.

Tales of Destiny Remake Director's Cut :P That's just a remake of the most popular Tales game though, it'd be best to compare it to the most recent new Tales by them which was Tales of Rebirth which sold over 600k on the PS2 and sold 400k when DQ VIII launched.

They made Tales of Hearts didn't they....

That's a mothership title that was in 2D.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
Some members from Destiny and some from Symphonia made Hearts. It's not the main team.

Graces is mainly Destiny with some Symphonia likely (probably to help them with the transition to 3D). That's the next true game from Team Destiny. Unless you want to start calling ToV a Destiny game too since it likely had some Destiny members too...

Lately, there's a lot of mishmash games but the large part of the team usually do their own games while some other main titles are mishmashes or just made by another team like Alfa Systems that did Innocence.

I agree with this. These "Symphonia, Destiny, etc" teams are just stupid now. They're mixed up and I don't think you can call any group a certain team by their old names.

That's because Graces IS a Destiny game and Vesperia is a Symphonia game. Hearts and Dawn of the New World are mishmash games. Legendia was a Melfes game. Innocence and Radiant Mythology 1/2 are Alfa System games.

I have no idea what VS is. I thought it was inhouse but I also heard it was outsourced?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Soriku said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
That's because Graces IS a Destiny game and Vesperia is a Symphonia game. Hearts and Dawn of the New World are mishmash games. Legendia was a Melfes game. Innocence and Radiant Mythology 1/2 are Alfa System games.

I have no idea what VS is. I thought it was inhouse but I also heard it was outsourced?

It was outsourced to Matrix Software.

They've been busy lately!