By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tokyo Game Show 2009 - Playstation Thread

Torillian said:
Wasn't the exciting news from NISA that they were bringing over Atelier Rorona? That's what I assumed it meant.

How is that exciting to Japanese?  

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network

ragebot where on earth did you get them figures lol, please don't re-ignite the ff7 remake thing again it's been re-ignited so many times just for my hopes to be broken

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:
ragebot where on earth did you get them figures lol, please don't re-ignite the ff7 remake thing again it's been re-ignited so many times just for my hopes to be broken

I'm just joking :o

However, I really think that if Square is developing a remake for ff7, Sony would've told them not to announce it until the price cut, so that when the game is announced/released, they won't lost that much money on the consoles sold :P

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

if they do a remake it will take them atleast two years to make a decent one (i should know im a developer)

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

I hope there's more than two unannounced games for ps3. If it's only two, that means we'll probably be stuck with White Knight 2 (meh) and probably something for the Wands. I'm thinking they'll launch them alongside a Hot Shots game.

What I'd love to see is Demon's Souls 2, Dark Cloud 3, and something RPG-ish from Sony's internal teams at SCEJ.

Sadly, they probably won't approve a Demon's Souls 2 unless the original is somewhat popular in North America, and we won't get an announcement until long after that. Level 5 probably won't think about a Dark Cloud 3 until after WKC2, either. Everything I want is probably a long ways off. =(

The Last Guardian being playable would save the conference, however.

Around the Network

Kinda strange that there are no level 5 games for Sony. In addition, they're supposed to work on two psp games (and maybe WKC 2).

I expect an announcement from them.

Nice. I hope the 2 unannounced titles from SONY are RPG's...

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

jneul said:

if they do a remake it will take them atleast two years to make a decent one (i should know im a developer)

But what if they began developing it in 2006-7, and just kept it a secret? (a SE first :P )

Just consider this, how many consoles will a remake of FF7 sell? What would've been PS3s sells up till now if a remake of FF7 would've been announced as an exclusive?

If I were Sony I would've told SE to keep this game as a secret until a price cut to what the PS3 is right now.

--

Anyway, I know that it is illogical to believe in all of that, but I just have this gut feeling.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

RageBot said:
jneul said:

If I were Sony I would've told SE to keep this game as a secret until a price cut to what the PS3 is right now.

If I was Sony I would have told SE to keep FFXIII PS3 exclusive, but if I was SE I wouldnt listen. FFVII PS3 remake wont be coming just because Sony wants it. Every TGS since 2005 the rumours of FFVII PS3 remake announcement appear on the internet, and it never comes true. It wont come true this year either.

dsister44 said:
Dgc1808 said:
The amount of Support from TecmoKoei is interesting.

Also... Download Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker???? You mean for anyone that brings their PSP???!!

I need an explanation!!

Maybe for PSPGO?

But the Go's not out for until October 1st.

4 ≈ One