By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japanese standoff: [PS3 vs Wii] Holidays Edition

@wenlan

nice flaming & trolling

it says Wii vs PS3 in the title.....there is no need for there to be a DS or PSP game in this thread

@Avinash

don't be so sure about that

Game over because of NSMB Wii.....LMAO

at the least, NSMB Wii will help wii outsell PS3 & "just" make it win YTD sales

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Compare the Japanese sales of NSMB vs. GT and FF, NSMB sells more than both FF and GT in Japan, and possibly even more than both combined

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

darthdevidem01 said:
@wenlan

nice flaming & trolling

it says Wii vs PS3 in the title.....there is no need for there to be a DS or PSP game in this thread

Wait I don't see any trolling in his post. It is as valid as you possibly can be. He even said it in the nicest possible tone. This is unless you are using sarcasm for some weird reason that I don't know of.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Compare the Japanese sales of NSMB vs. GT and FF, NSMB sells more than both FF and GT in Japan, and possibly even more than both combined

Yes, but does it sell more hardware ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Yes, but does it sell more hardware ?

It did for the DS lite

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@wenlan

nice flaming & trolling

Wait I don't see any trolling in his post. It is as valid as you possibly can be. He even said it in the nicest possible tone. This is unless you are using sarcasm for some weird reason that I don't know of.

well duh sc

what I was trying to imply was that PSWii are both almost a nonentity in japan as of late

What I'm finding funny is that we are having a Japanese standoff between 2 systems that are being overlooked week by week (yes I knw as of late PS3 sales are up, but before that they were also bad).

Its funny the Japanese standoff is between two systems that won't even be in the top 2 in hardware sales in Japan for this holiday.

If there should be a Japanese standoff its between PSP & DS

PSP GO! is coming out which may cause interesting things to happen there

Iwata also expects 10 million NSMB's sold this year (not sure if he meant calendar or fiscal, although it does seem to support the idea of an NSMB Wii bundle), so it means that a lot of software will be shipped between November and the end of December

darthdevidem01 said:
sc94597 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@wenlan

nice flaming & trolling

well duh sc

what I was trying to imply was that PSWii are both almost a nonentity in japan as of late

What I'm finding funny is that we are having a Japanese standoff between 2 systems that are being overlooked week by week (yes I knw as of late PS3 sales are up, but before that they were also bad).

Its funny the Japanese standoff is between two systems that won't even be in the top 2 in hardware sales in Japan for this holiday.

If there should be a Japanese standoff its between PSP & DS

PSP GO! is coming out which may cause interesting things to happen there

darth, go to bed.  why r u still up so late?  you need to go to school early tomorrow

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Great work tres.

This holiday will be interesting.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@wenlan

HOMEWORK

I need to do biology homework!

@trestres

I'm not trying to offend you by that previous post

This is a nice list & a good thread.....but when both consoles are almost like tortoises....is there really a "race" this holiday