By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japanese standoff: [PS3 vs Wii] Holidays Edition

"Cat petting simulator."

Wii > PS3 this holiday confirmed.

Around the Network
Happy_man said:
Wow, just seeing these releases, there is no way the Wii will outsell the PS3 this holiday season, since the Wii effect has affectedly gone down. PS3 is up for a monstrous holiday season in Japan.

Actually Wii has the clearly stronger lineup in Japan I mean PS3's big games look to be Tekken, Dragon Ball and FF13

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

trestres said:
Updated the OP. Added/removed and changed some dates.

Most notable: PS3 is getting a PES 2010 Console Bundle the 1st week of November.
Samurai Warriors 3 is no longer being released in November and has been pushed back to a TBA December.
Tales of Graces also has a TBA December date.

god it will be send again'st final fantasy!

Big new UPDATE:

Tales of Graces is getting both a Wii Console Bundle and a Classic Controller Pro Bundle coming out on Dec 10

Samurai Warriors 3 has an official release date. Comes out Dec 3 along with many bundles, of which 1 is a Wii Console bundle and other a classic controller pro bundle.

Taiko Drum Master 2 Wii comes out on Nov 19th and there will be a bundle with a Drum Controller.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

If they release an NSMB Bundle, it'll be epic win for Wii this holiday

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Wow, MW2 in December on PS3.

Also, I was hoping Nintendo would go head to head with FF XII. Would have been fun.

PS3- Final Fantasy XIII + White PlayStation 3 Console Bundle- Final Fantasy XIII
Wii- NHK Red/White Quiz Battle

PSN - hanafuda

outlawauron said:
I think it's pretty stupid to put Tales of Graces right before Final Fantasy XIII.

Well it's much better than putting it on the same week or a week after only alternative would be delaying tales to after holidays but this could be even worse than releasing before FF.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Actually since its bundled it should do very well

You all underrestimate the power of Wii Fit+ and NSMB Wii
No FF13 other other games can beat that!

It will be an interesting few months in Japan. It still seems like it may end up as a virtual tie to me, which would have been hard to predict for the PS3 a year ago. But I think both consoles will be up substantially in Japan compared to last year, and console software sales will be way up as well, as both consoles have much stronger lineups than last year.