By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Namco Dev EXPLAINS why TOV was a Timed 360 Exclusive (SHOCK)!

kowenicki said:
@gilgamesh

lol... sony and smart business do not belong on the same page, nevermind in the same sentence these days.

That's your opinion and your entitled to it. It's smart business on both sides for MS and Sony for doing what they did. But you wouldn't be able to see that a company like Sony who won the last 2 console gens and is a huge company worldwide for the last x amount of yrs is "smart" Because your the big business major who's just a visiting a video game forum..

Around the Network

Namco not putting out DLC LOL.

yo_john117 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@yo_john

yeah but I dint click on the hentai links!

@dbot

we have used this site once or twice before on VGC for info

when it suits people ANY site seems to be "reliable"

when it doesn't why are sites suddenly "unreliable"

Same goes for game review sites

Lol, thats what they all say   

yeah but I'm different & very sensible

@STAGE

I actually agree with you

MS have done so much for Japan & 360 there.....the response is so bad though

they got Star Ocea, Tales, Sakaguchi games

what more can a soul do......but still not much of a response

I bet even those devs (Tales, SO & Sakaguchi) are baffled as to why japan doesn't buy the xbox 360.....I know I am.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

1. We don´t even know if its true or not
2. If Sony forced them why couldn´t Namco just say no then
3. Imo its good that a 1 year old port gets some exclusive game content
4. Did Namco think it will sell just as good or better as the 360 version and is that way they decided to port it.
5. More reasons why it should be mulitplatform.

@Darth

Thats because Japan hates Xbox 360,just like NA hates PS3, Aint that right lilleblu?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@gilgamesh

lol... sony and smart business do not belong on the same page, nevermind in the same sentence these days.

MS is the smart comapay paying developers to make games for other consoles and better too.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
What's the SHOCK part? We knew this long ago, noting new at all.

The shock was that everyone's evil

Namco for wanting money

MS for using money as bait

SONY for requesting extra content

@Kowenicki

Ergh what are you talking about

SONY is a very smart company......they are not where they are because they are dumb.

ALSO even at this instance if they were dumb, you would see SONY in a worse position

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Xxain said:
I want somebody to Xxplain to me why SONY are dickheads and assholes for demanding that developers add incentive to there year old late ports that they want to re-release for full price??????

Because these developers are quick to give into a couple M$ dollars....when if they'd just release day and date, they'd recoup those costs on the PS3 version quickly, because it would've OBVIOUSLY sold many more times more than the 360 version......

If I have to wait a year for a game, I'm glad Sony makes sure that I get as much content as possible

dbot said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@yo_john

yeah but I dint click on the hentai links!

@dbot

we have used this site once or twice before on VGC for info

when it suits people ANY site seems to be "reliable"

when it doesn't why are sites suddenly "unreliable"

Same goes for game review sites

I'm not really questioning the site's reliability, the article doesn't contain the 5 w's of journalistic integrity (Who, What, When, Where, Why).  It has all the earmarks of a fake/BS story.  I don't really know what the site's reputation is.  I just know that the link looks familiar right before I click it, and then I see some strange pictures.  

Sankaku is all Japan, all the time. I believe they're fairly credible.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I personally like this whole setup. Like many console RPG fans, I have a backlog of PS2 JRPGs to finish, and I'm patient.

I have a pal who scores all the latest JRPGs on the 360, and then says stuff like "I played that last year" to me when I get the PS3 version. I gotten into the habit of telling him "you just payed for and played the demo", which basically sums up how I feel.