By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Namco Dev EXPLAINS why TOV was a Timed 360 Exclusive (SHOCK)!

Sounds to me like Sony is turning into the Nintendo of the N64 days where they thought they could control the developers. Of course, this is just from one developer and one game, so it may not be the same at all.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

i dont know why, but this whole system just seems ..... wrong

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

So we ported to the PS3, it?s cheaper as you already have the game done, but then Sony came back and told us ?We won?t recognise it if it?s the same as the Xbox 360 version. Make sure you put in a lot of extra stuff!?If we didn?t then they wouldn?t have let us pass their check??He claims that the developers all wished to produce the best possible game with this opportunity, and had no intention of deliberately putting out an incomplete game; they were instead keen to produce a version that even Xbox 360 players could enjoy again.?

I think everybody missed thought they forced...they weren't forced to go the xtreme lvs there goin for...They seemed very thrilled adding the new stuff

Gilgamesh said:

This is why Sony is the number one gaming company, smart business.

Number one gaming company?  Correct me if I'm wrong isn't the Wii and 360 ahead of the PS3 right now?

Smart business?  How many billions have Sony lost since the PS3 launch?

bahdhagfahdhagfa a hentai site ahfbsgafhadgshfgasgfasghfasgfhasfdas

Around the Network
bonkers555 said:
Gilgamesh said:

This is why Sony is the number one gaming company, smart business.

Number one gaming company?  Correct me if I'm wrong isn't the Wii and 360 ahead of the PS3 right now?

Smart business?  How many billions have Sony lost since the PS3 launch?

PS1, PS2, PSP and soon to be PS3

10 year plan will fix all, they knew what they were getting themselves into.

Explain to me why Joe public should buy a ps3 game for £40 when they can get it on the 360 cheaper and clearly earlier, this move to force them to add extra stuff to the game makes sense IMO and should do it more often.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I read the original post in Japanese.

「360版と同じは認めません。追加要素を結構入れるように」
"We won’t recognise it if it’s the same as the Xbox 360 version. Make sure you put in a lot of extra stuff!"

I think the translation of "Make sure you put in a lot of extra stuff" is little bit exaggerated.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

"SO SONY DID FORCE namco to put exclusive content in the PS3 version"

at least we get a better game from it

What's the SHOCK part? We knew this long ago, noting new at all.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)