By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Silent Hill 2 movie to begin shooting in 2010!!! Ok, NOW I'm excited!!!

Sweet, I enjoyed the first movie, I hope they do as good a job with this one. And I agree Pyramid Head was a beast in the first movie.

Around the Network

The movie would have been shorter but the studio told Gans that they needed a male in the movie. So all the stuff with the husband was added in as an after thought. Really made the movie drag more than it should.

I happen to love Gans. Brotherhood of the Wolf is great. He is a very nice visual director. If he does a couple more highly visual movies, he will be up there with Gilliam and Jeunet in my opinion.

TT Makaveli said:
disolitude said:
First movie was watchable. Second movie will go straight to DVD.

I don't care though. Games are still amazing. Even the last ps3/Xbox360 one was good. One of the last horror games around...

u are so right...its a shame that nobody develop a horror game anymore...do anybody knows if a new horror game is in work or smth?

This gen started great for horror fans with Condemned but then everything went to shit... Alan Wake could be kinda scary, but I have my doubts. There is something on the Wii called Cursed Mountain, but I have a feeling its best to stay away. So yeah...I dont know of a single new true horror game coming out.

i wonder if in the movie james turns into a girl and gets called Jamie and be an overdramatic cheesy horror chick.

=[

I enjoyed the first movie. Hopefully, they can manage to make a good sequel.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:

The movie would have been shorter but the studio told Gans that they needed a male in the movie. So all the stuff with the husband was added in as an after thought. Really made the movie drag more than it should.

I happen to love Gans. Brotherhood of the Wolf is great. He is a very nice visual director. If he does a couple more highly visual movies, he will be up there with Gilliam and Jeunet in my opinion.

To be honest that movie did need a male. But the way they did it was so retarded, they should have rather left it as a dyke fest it was.

disolitude said:
TT Makaveli said:
disolitude said:

I don't care though. Games are still amazing. Even the last ps3/Xbox360 one was good. One of the last horror games around...

u are so right...its a shame that nobody develop a horror game anymore...do anybody knows if a new horror game is in work or smth?

This gen started great for horror fans with Condemned but then everything went to shit... Alan Wake could be kinda scary, but I have my doubts. There is something on the Wii called Cursed Mountain, but I have a feeling its best to stay away. So yeah...I dont know of a single new true horror game coming out.

I am so hyped for alan wake! The number one reason being that it reminds me a lot of the first 2 silent hills. Although not as creepy and demonic. But it seems to be a very psychological based thriller in the same sense that the silent hill games were very psychological. And that was one of my favorite things about SH. Still, I don't think that even for a second that alan wake will touch the brilliance of the first 2 SH games, exspecially not the 2nd.

PS3 Trophies

Solid_Raiden said:
disolitude said:
TT Makaveli said:
disolitude said:

I am so hyped for alan wake! The number one reason being that it reminds me a lot of the first 2 silent hills. Although not as creepy and demonic. But it seems to be a very psychological based thriller in the same sense that the silent hill games were very psychological. And that was one of my favorite things about SH. Still, I don't think that even for a second that alan wake will touch the brilliance of the first 2 SH games, exspecially not the 2nd.

Atmosthere, story and setting wise...I think you are right. Gameplay could be more engaging though...with the whole light thing...Also, I think Alan Wake will be more of a mistery than horror to be honest.

At this point, if they give me the Resident Evil that capcom should have given me with RE5...I will be happy with Alan Wake. I am not holding my breath for the brilliance of Silent Hill 2.

@CGI

obviously thats the main thing

but if you want that atmosphere its in MANY japanese films

what made silent hill amazing and better than anything was it brought a japanese cinema feel to a horror game.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

I hold no hope that the movie will be remotely decent. The first one was barely passable. It changed out the main character and also all the fighting to protect his daughter.

However the biggest sin committed with Silent Hill the movie was the destruction of the narrative. I thought it was brilliant how for the longest time it could have been the other world or the result of head trauma. There were also subtle transitions between the light world and the dark world, where the main character didnt really know what he was walking into.

Also the inclusion of pyramid head was just unnecessary and made no sense.
I don't mean to be so negative but when I see a game I love get destroyed because of someone else's "vision"
it bugs me.

Yes I am a fan of the Playstation 3, but I am an even bigger fan of intelligent and rational dialog. (If you are up for an intelligent exchange of ideas, you are more than welcome to add me as a friend)

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

(haven't been playing much since I am broke)