By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Silent Hill 2 movie to begin shooting in 2010!!! Ok, NOW I'm excited!!!

Im wondering if they are going to borrow from silent hill 2's story line like they kind of did in the first movie. As for the silent hill game series, and some of you may disagree, but being a hardcore silent hill fan myself what they really need to do is take SH out of the hands of western developers and keep it in japan. The Japanese do horror way better than we do imo.

Around the Network
theshrike said:
I hold no hope that the movie will be remotely decent. The first one was barely passable. It changed out the main character and also all the fighting to protect his daughter.

However the biggest sin committed with Silent Hill the movie was the destruction of the narrative. I thought it was brilliant how for the longest time it could have been the other world or the result of head trauma. There were also subtle transitions between the light world and the dark world, where the main character didnt really know what he was walking into.

Also the inclusion of pyramid head was just unnecessary and made no sense.
I don't mean to be so negative but when I see a game I love get destroyed because of someone else's "vision"
it bugs me.

This is somewhat the way I see things.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Ok maybe destroyed is too strong of a word, but it certainly could have been done much better. Harry was a much stronger character than rose, willing to fight his way through a hellish nightmare to find his daughter.   Rose, just ran away in fear of everything except for at the end.

It could have easily gone like this: Harry walks down the street clutching his pistol as he hears the shrill sound of the radio. He freezes and checks his clip only to find he has three rounds left. He scans the blackness of the mist knowing he can take out a baby, but not something fast. He sees a hunched over form and bolts for the fence narrowly making it over, Only to find a baby on the other side. After a few desparation shots the baby goes down. Now real trouble has started.

Well maybe he doesnt have to do that but that was interesting to write and see where that went.

Anyways I also like the psychological element that was missing from the film. There were obvious jacobs ladder influences that should have been in there.

Yes I am a fan of the Playstation 3, but I am an even bigger fan of intelligent and rational dialog. (If you are up for an intelligent exchange of ideas, you are more than welcome to add me as a friend)

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

(haven't been playing much since I am broke)

Finally , thankx for the awesome news CGI

loved the first one, It was a true "Silent Hill"

@Vanversive

I really do hope they borrow from SH 2
after all its the Best in the series imo

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

They better not make a shitty westernised movie from one of the best horror games of all time. Otherwise I'll go *RAGE*.

Around the Network

silent hill 2 has a story made for cinema

leave it untouched make it a film, it will impress

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

good to hear about a sequel of SH & i also hope some devs goes back to their roots and make again awesome horror games like the first RE or SH1&2. personaly i think RE5 was more a game like Tomb Raider then a horror game.

^^^

it seems so common sense to me, then american execs grab a film and are like 'ok so what do you mean no happy ending?' 'how about we add some teens they can go to a club and hear some band play thats popular, theres a tie in people will love' 'what if pyramid head was played by john cena?' etc

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

@CGI

i did like homecoming, but i was terrible at the combat

i will sit down and do it soon tho, just beat dead space finally (not bad, decent ending)

I am def going to have to see this movie! The last one was awesome, i do agree that it was a bit long and would have had more of an edge and suspense if it was shorter. New Resident Evil movie has me excited too