By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GRAN TURISMO PSP Eurogamer Review -- 7/10 (FALL from grace for GT)?!

This CANNOT happen to GT5

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:

Remember what a 7/10 means from this site. It's a little different from getting a 7/10 from say......IGN. Beyond that, this is the first PSP release of a Gran Turismo, don't sweat it.

If GT5 were to receive scores like this across site after site, THEN you could be saddened. With this, nah don't worry about it...

Edit: Apparently, IGN gave it a 6.8/10, well perhaps all ISN'T the greatest for this game. I suspect a lot of the time was focused on the big dog: Gran Turismo 5 and this was a placeholder along with trying to release alongside Forza 3.

If that is so they deserve some minus points for respect and few sales for this.  Thats taking advantage of your fan base.

I agree.  There seems to be a lot of that going on in the next month or so.  I don't really care about the Eurogamer score, but IGN is an eyeopener.  

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dsister44 said:
Carl2291 said:
I blame... erm...

Wii Fit!

Getting scared?

Gwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha*evil laugh continues till dsister remembers the ODSt review and gets sad

Nah, this just tells me GT PSP has been rushed to launch alongside PSPgo.

Hahaha, listen, I'm as big of a PSP fan as they come, but a lot of aspects of this game are inexcusable, especially lack of career mode and the lack of unlockables. Have they learned nothing from the console versions, or Pokemon for that matter...

I wasn't expecting amazing scores for this title, but that is shocking to see ign gave it a 6.8. I expected a seven from eurogamer and a 6 from edge though. Not a big deal to me though, and it seems you can still find a lot of fun in it if your a big fan, which I'm not.

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

Isn't it good that you have everything from the get go?
a Career mode is not always the best option for a HANDHELD game.
It should be pickup and play which is a good thing.

I see that that is all they had to gripe about it. Driving is classic GT is all I wanted to hear/read.

CGI-Quality said:
People, this is the FIRST PSP release of Gran Turismo. It isn't their most important project of the century...

I'm not saying I condone the lack of the most important mode in GT, but I do feel like lumping this with GT5 aren't reasonable. They are not even in the same league. That's like saying if LBP PSP isn't a good game, it's telling for the next console iteration. Hardly...

But what it does tell us is that the developer is willing to compromise in quality for expediency. That is something that wasn't even conceivable before this.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Carl2291 said:
dsister44 said:
Carl2291 said:
I blame... erm...

Wii Fit!

Getting scared?

Gwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha*evil laugh continues till dsister remembers the ODSt review and gets sad

Nah, this just tells me GT PSP has been rushed to launch alongside PSPgo.

Apparently it has been worked on since before the PSP launch. Though I'm not sure how reliebale this source is. lol

sapient said:
Isn't it good that you have everything from the get go?
a Career mode is not always the best option for a HANDHELD game.
It should be pickup and play which is a good thing.

I see that that is all they had to gripe about it. Driving is classic GT is all I wanted to hear/read.

I thought the same thing...

Im sure Polyphony Digital made it easier for us to prepare us for the big challenge in GT5 ^__^