By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Slim sells 57 000 in its second week in Japan

kowenicki said:
@tombi

thats why the word approx was used.... sheesh.

and France HD does equal PS3, its just as popular as it is in Italy and only slighlty behind Germany percentage wise. But they are all small markets anyway... the UK sales will off-set them.

UK is only around 25% of the european gaming market (in population UK is only 10% of the EU and both France and Germany are bigger population-wise). UK can't off-set rest of the europe even though it is a big market.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@vetteman... I think most (aside from the usual lunatics) did expect that yes.

Are they the usual lunitics who predicted September PS3 sales > 1M in this thread?

Noobie said:
Thats a gr8 result for 2nd week PS3 HW figures.. remember guys this was what ioi n source n other analysts expected for the PS3 slim launch week sales.. So if u see them without the %age drop than they are pretty impressive numbers.
If PS3 stays above 30k for the rest of the yr till Jan in Japan, than i believe PS3 slim will be considered as a success in my view.

It would be a success in everyone's view. However, it will probably dip under 30K in 2-3 weeks. I don't think the new base line for PS3 is at 30K.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Big Drop but that was expected in every region, especially in Japan. It will be interesting what sort of sales PS3 will have next week and is it able to sustain some sort of decent salesi in a long run.

I wonder also how will TOV do hardware wise, i mean it is a port after all.

About what I expected.

Around the Network
saicho said:
Noobie said:
Thats a gr8 result for 2nd week PS3 HW figures.. remember guys this was what ioi n source n other analysts expected for the PS3 slim launch week sales.. So if u see them without the %age drop than they are pretty impressive numbers.
If PS3 stays above 30k for the rest of the yr till Jan in Japan, than i believe PS3 slim will be considered as a success in my view.

It would be a success in everyone's view. However, it will probably dip under 30K in 2-3 weeks. I don't think the new base line for PS3 is at 30K.

that what we have to see.. it can stay above 30k if Software releases are well planned. else it will dip below 30k... Wii has shown us that its the software in the end that matters... moreover PS3 does not have any software title like Wii Fit or WSR or Mario which can keep on selling n selling n selling for not even weeks or months but years. 

Noobie said:
saicho said:
Noobie said:

that what we have to see.. it can stay above 30k if Software releases are well planned. else it will dip below 30k... Wii has shown us that its the software in the end that matters... moreover PS3 does not have any software title like Wii Fit or WSR or Mario which can keep on selling n selling n selling for not even weeks or months but years. 

base line = how the console would sell without any help from software release.

Even with the releases of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Tekken 6, Dynasty Warriors, and Bayonetta after ToV next week, I don't think PS3 will stay over 30K in Japan.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:

base line = how the console would sell without any help from software release.

Even with the releases of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Tekken 6, Dynasty Warriors, and Bayonetta after ToV next week, I don't think PS3 will stay over 30K in Japan.

I don't expect the PS3 selling less than 30k per week until the end of 2009.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Next week you have TOV so sales will likely increase by a bit, maybe 65-75k range.