By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Slim sells 57 000 in its second week in Japan

Gilgamesh said:

200K in 2 weeks for Japan is amazing and ToV for next week numbers, should give it a nice boost.

Doubtful, tales is popular, but not that popular, at best it'll keep it from falling too much further

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Gilgamesh said:

200K in 2 weeks for Japan is amazing and ToV for next week numbers, should give it a nice boost.

Doubtful, tales is popular, but not that popular, at best it'll keep it from falling too much further

Sales are looking like 250K first week, should give a good boost.

Just so you guys can compare, PS3 sold 43k on its second week with a drop of 50% compared to it's first week. Wii sold 97k on its second week with a drop of 73%.

haxxiy said:
Just so you guys can compare, PS3 sold 43k on its second week with a drop of 50% compared to it's first week. Wii sold 97k on its second week with a drop of 73%.

Those were limited by supply though, so not really a good comparison.

Aj_habfan said:
Didn't 360 have a price cut in effect this week?

Yep, and it skyrocketed... Well, sort of...     

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

look at all the fanboys acting as if this is bad news for the ps3, did the 360 even get a jump from its price drop in japan? or did they even drop the price there

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Haha, the Japan preview said 6k-9k :P

I personally expect the boost from ToV to be lower than the decreasing impact of the slim/price cut. Next week should be 50k.

Attoyou said:
look at all the fanboys acting as if this is bad news for the ps3, did the 360 even get a jump from its price drop in japan? or did they even drop the price there

I don't think they did

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Attoyou said:

I don't think they did

Japan preview said they did cut the price. The 360 was doing really well (in comparison to the early years or the 360 and the lifetime of the original xbox) for a while because it got some really big Japanese games. However, recently it's been lacking. It's the PS3 and Wii (and the handhelds) with the big releases. Monster Hunter Tri, WSR, ToV coming up. FFXIII coming up.

The 360 needs a big JRPG release

under 15k in another 2 weeks

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""