By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Slim sells 57 000 in its second week in Japan

LOL, no chance in hell it will stay at 50k+ even with Tales.

It will continue to drop like a rock. It will be below 30k next week.

Consoles just don't have any juice left in Japan. They can only manage temporary boosts for 2-3 weeks before dropping off. 

Around the Network

@kowen

Japan is actually 60k not approx 50k since it's sitting @ 57k also where do you get your NA and others no.?

An expected drop. I do think the drop next week won't be as big (% wise) with ToV releasing.

To ioi: is the precentage new ps3 owners/ps3 owners upgrading to a slim the same this week? I think the percentage of new ps3 owners is bigger this week, but I can't know for sure.

Soundwave said:

LOL, no chance in hell it will stay at 50k+ even with Tales.

It will continue to drop like a rock. It will be below 30k next week.

Consoles just don't have any juice left in Japan. They can only manage temporary boosts for 2-3 weeks before dropping off. 

I don't think you know what you are talking about. There's no way the PS3 will drop below 30k next week. Now that the PS3 had a price drop, it's a lot easier for games to move hardware. And ToV moved 26k 360s so that's not really wise to think the PS3 will be below 30k. I expect the sales to be higher than 50k.

kowenicki said:
so...

Japan approx 50k down 66%
Europe approx 130k down 50% (based on France)
USA approx 80k down 40% (assumed slightly better than Others)

Not a terrible drop by any means, the hysterical here that thought 350k to 400k was going to be a regular weekly thing might calm down a little now.

It is week 3, 4 and 5 that matter more.

I'm now expecting below 180k to 190k for week ending 19th

Horrible rounding.

Japan = 57K

Others = 140K

NA = ?

197K + NA

France HD does not = PS3. PS3 is much more dominant over the 360 in Spain, Italy and Germany.

Around the Network

@kowen

Well it says 57k sold in Japan, in the thread title and OP. You then approximated that to 50K instead of 60K (or 57K). It just seemed strange.

I wouldn't expect the drop in other regions to be as large as Japan's.

Why do people expect ToV to move PS3s? The tales games have never given much of a HW boost ever before.

^Someone mentioned it gave X360 a 26k hw boost

Even taking kowen's numbers isnt that about what most people were expecting? Around 250-270K, I think his numbers are going to be pretty damn close.