By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It just happened

The first urge to buy a PS3

I know that its probably only because my beloved 360 E74'd after 2 and a bit years of great gaming.

But last night in Tesco they were selling a fat 80GB PS3 for 249 GBP with any 3 games and 2 Blurays.

It seemed a good deal but I'm concerned about YLOD on the older machines.

It does seem to be restricted to the launch machines only. Maybe the 80GB's are immune.

Around the Network

its mostly for 60 GBs mine is 40 GB and it works fine.

i actually thought your PS3 got YLOD on the thread title.

the 80BG should be fine
Maybe not immune, but fine.
I'd tap it.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

when I first saw the title, I thought " another PS3 wasted by YLOD...", it turns out to be you not buying a PS3 because of YLOD scare.....

Anyway, you should get it, sounds like a good deal, YLOD usually only happens to early modes with 90nm chips.

Don't limit yourself to one system this gen, the exclusives are too great for someone to miss out on. Considering it just had a price drop on the system I would go for it, and that sounds like a good deal (depending on games)

It's mainly the 60 gigs that screw up, the best model for features, and worst model for failure rate. Mine broke down but i refuse to get anything other then a 60 gig since i still play ps2 games on a daily basis and I can't connect a ps2 to my monitor without buying more cables and my setup is jerry rigged enouph.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network

do it. theres no reason not to if you have the cash. id buy one in a heart beat but i want to buy another gaming laptop so i got to wait a bit

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Dude jump on that shit!  

I know its a good deal. I will go and check it out further today.

Its a shame the Slim isnt being mega bundled like this yet, or it would be a no brainer.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Instead of a PS3 you should buy a nice set of weights and build your muscles.