By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It just happened

iBlah said:
why do you like slim so much? they are basically the same. slim may be quieter but there hasn't been any indications that it's more reliable than 80G or anything. but if you need bigger HDDs then slim bundles are good choices since they are likely to be 250G(but will cost more).

http://kotaku.com/5347329/the-ps3-slim-uses-less-power-than-we-or-sony-thought

The Blu Ray drive failure rate is the same as the regular PS3 model, but chances for the YLOD are slimmer (pardon the pun).

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

what were the games?

I'd have to go back and check but they seemed a reasonable selection.

I think FIFA 09 was one and Uncharted another.

it's a really good deal.But if your mind is set on a slim get the assasin's creed 2 / uncharted 2 or ratchet CIT bundle in oct.

YLOD? I've had my 60Gb Ps3 for 3yrs & nothing has happend it so far *touches wood*
Has it happend to many people? And What causes it?

Around the Network

YLOD appears from all the research I have done to be a general hardware error primarily in the original launch PS3's.

Worryingly the Ps3 reported failure rate of 10 percent appears to be only these machines.

10 percent of 24 million = 2.4 million

Original launch machines sold = 6 million

Which could mean original launch machines have a 40 percent failure rate.

roll with it.

my 360 breaking a bunch is what got me into sony. and its awesome.

there are no boundries, 3 systems is the way to be.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Yeah I reckon Im going to wait for a Xmas bundle and get a Slim

The coffin has been taken away so its going to be 3 weeks of Nintendo Wii.

I wouldnt mind if that had broken but the things built like a tank.

the wii seems pretty reliable to me.

*knocks on wood*

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Is the 80gb B/C or no? well my friend had the YLOD 3 days ago (got his coffin yesterday) and his was a 80gb B/C ...seems like the majority of YLOD comes from PS3 with B/C??

Either way PS3 has a low failure rate and the deal seems awesome. I think you should go for it =)