By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 BET/SALES THREAD (GT5 Bets Here) 10 Million possible?

BenVTrigger said:
I still think that people are greatly overestimating the selling power of Racing Sims this generation. I know that GT5 will sell great and I'm thinking 7 million LT to be honest. Just from past trends to me it seems that the market for racers is sinking. Also unless the ps3 install base is larger by the time GT5 releases I just dont see it being able to carry a Racing sim to over 10 million units sold.

Personally I doubt we'll see the success of GT3: A-Spec since it was a massivley bundled game.

Casue you dont know racing sims or car culture.  GT3 droped on a 12m user base so enough with the install abse bs excuse. GT5p is the highest selling NON ful GT release of the franchise ever.  No other racer ever sold anyhting like GT so using them as some comparison for racing sim market shrinking this gen is pointless.   

By the what possible even remotly intelligent semi logical reason do you have for Sony NOT bundling the hell out of GT5 ???????????

Around the Network
twingo said:
BenVTrigger said:
I still think that people are greatly overestimating the selling power of Racing Sims this generation. I know that GT5 will sell great and I'm thinking 7 million LT to be honest. Just from past trends to me it seems that the market for racers is sinking. Also unless the ps3 install base is larger by the time GT5 releases I just dont see it being able to carry a Racing sim to over 10 million units sold.

Personally I doubt we'll see the success of GT3: A-Spec since it was a massivley bundled game.

Casue you dont know racing sims or car culture.  GT3 droped on a 12m user base so enough with the install abse bs excuse. GT5p is the highest selling NON ful GT release of the franchise ever.  No other racer ever sold anyhting like GT so using them as some comparison for racing sim market shrinking this gen is pointless.   

By the what possible even remotly intelligent semi logical reason do you have for Sony NOT bundling the hell out of GT5 ???????????

Very good

alanshearer said:
De85 said:
I really don't know what to predict for this one. For one I think sales may take a slight hit due to Prologue having been on the market for so long, and in all regions. Casual race fans may be more than happy with what they already have and decide not to upgrade. Additionally there is a legitimate competitor in Forza 3 that will take away one more reason 360 only owners may have had for buying a PS3 as well. On the other hand, the series historically does big sales, and will most likely be bundled at some point in it's lifetime as it's sony's true flagship titles.

I'm going to go with a broad 7-12M guess because there are just so many different ways this could play out. As for first week, between 1 and 2M.

Forza may be a legitimate competitor for Xbox fanboys but not in the real world. Gran Turismo 5 will sell gangbusters 10 million in 2009 15million+ ltd

Speaking of the real world, when you get back to it, you should make a prediction that's not ridiculous and impossible. a game achieving >40% attach rate within a couple months of release, when it's not a launch title? Forza has a better chance of outselling GT, than GT has of selling 10 million. That's how far-fetched your guess is.

Christopher_G2 said:
Only an ravid X-Box Fanboy would put Forza as something with any shot to sell half what GT5 does. GT5 is going to be massive, particularly in Europe. 10-13 m LTD.

oh really? You seem to think that in a generation with so many superior racing sims (and greatly diminishd popularity) that GT5 will somehow achieve the best attach rate of a GT game yet. GT4 didn't even hit 13m sales on 5x the install base, and you think GT5 is going to be that big? Maybe only an x-box fanboy would expect forza to sell half of GT5's copies, but only a dillusional Sony fanboy can expect GT5 to sell as many as 13m.

10 million seems possible with prologue having sold 3,120,000 units and growing first week 1,700,000 and GT is leg monster

Around the Network
Kantor said:
whacker41 said:
Kantor said:
I say GT5 will sell over 1.5 million first week.

Any takers?

I'll take you up on that. What are the stakes?

You think it will sell under 1.5 million WW first week? Lol...I put that up there as a joke, I didn't think anyone would take it.

VG$ bets would be nice, but I know that everyone with power will continue to conveniently ignore my thread, so whatever. Good old sig and avatar control? I have no grudge against you, so a week would be enough.

So I say it will sell 1.5 million plus first week, you think it will sell less.

DARTH!

You put that up there as a joke? Well i wish you'd have kept that to yourself, because now i feel like a total idiot. Still, I'll go along with it. If it's just Sig and avatar control for a week, that should be good.

I really wish i did more research before i made this bet.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@CGI

wanna take up the bet with him?

Yup!

ok he needs to agree to it as well though

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

These predictions of 10 million or around there are probably going to be way off now that it's releasing in march instead of the holidays.

it will sell 15m before GT6