By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 BET/SALES THREAD (GT5 Bets Here) 10 Million possible?

Sig control sound's fine to me. Is there a way I can bet my vg cash?

Around the Network
De85 said:
I really don't know what to predict for this one. For one I think sales may take a slight hit due to Prologue having been on the market for so long, and in all regions. Casual race fans may be more than happy with what they already have and decide not to upgrade. Additionally there is a legitimate competitor in Forza 3 that will take away one more reason 360 only owners may have had for buying a PS3 as well. On the other hand, the series historically does big sales, and will most likely be bundled at some point in it's lifetime as it's sony's true flagship titles.

I'm going to go with a broad 7-12M guess because there are just so many different ways this could play out. As for first week, between 1 and 2M.

Forza may be a legitimate competitor for Xbox fanboys but not in the real world. Gran Turismo 5 will sell gangbusters 10 million in 2009 15million+ ltd

@foolpittier

not at the moment no

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

okay so how about sig control for 2 months

Solid_Snake4RD said:
I think it will sell 8m before till Dec 2010 and then continue over 10m for sure

I don't think so. I think GT5 will sell less than 8m (around 6 mil) till Dec 2010 and then continue to 10m.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network

I think GT5 will do 5 million before June 2010 an 10.3 million LTD.

By December 2010, GT5 will sell around 9mil.

alanshearer said:
De85 said:
I really don't know what to predict for this one. For one I think sales may take a slight hit due to Prologue having been on the market for so long, and in all regions. Casual race fans may be more than happy with what they already have and decide not to upgrade. Additionally there is a legitimate competitor in Forza 3 that will take away one more reason 360 only owners may have had for buying a PS3 as well. On the other hand, the series historically does big sales, and will most likely be bundled at some point in it's lifetime as it's sony's true flagship titles.

I'm going to go with a broad 7-12M guess because there are just so many different ways this could play out. As for first week, between 1 and 2M.

Forza may be a legitimate competitor for Xbox fanboys but not in the real world. Gran Turismo 5 will sell gangbusters 10 million in 2009 15million+ ltd

yeah i dnt think it can do 10 mil in 2009 buddy

Wait though, sales of the bundle included or stand alone game's sales?

Blood_Tears said:
6M WW at most. NA doesn't care for PS3 software that much anymore. Not with Forza representing close to 20 M install base for 360 in NA. It's a tough call to get PS3 games to 1M in NA yet alone 2 or more M. This game sales depend heavily on Others. Others alone, with 1.5 to 2M in NA and 700K in Japan will see GT5 tap out at about 6m.

I will bet you that it does more then that

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st