By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 BET/SALES THREAD (GT5 Bets Here) 10 Million possible?

Ok this is a thread for GRAN TURISMO 5 SALES BETS

similar to this thread I made about FF Versus 13

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=84955

There are 2 sides......

One side that thinks GT5 will sell OVER XX Amount WW

One side thinks that it won't sell that XX amount WW

ONLY the Original Version counts..NO RE RELEASES (not that GT gets em anyway)

_________

POST your Sales PREDICTION for GT5.....in this thread....now ANYONE may be able to challeneg you on your prediction.....& you two can bet against eachother (choosing your own stakes)

Pick your side & pick a partner who wants to choose the other side in the bet.....then choose your stakes

Fighters 1:

DARTHDEVIDEM01    vs   FOOLPITTIER

Darthdevidem01 believes that GT5 will sell OVER 5.5 Million by the end of 2010

Foolpittier believes that GT5 WON'T sell over 5.5 Million by the end of 2010.

Stakes -- Avatar/SIG control for a fortnight!

FIghters 2:

KANTOR vs WHACKER 41

Kantor believes that GT5 will sell over 1.5 Million WEEK 1

Whacker 41 believes that GT5 WILL NOT sell over 1.5 Million Week 1

Stakes (temporary) -- Avatar/SIG control for a fortnight!

Fighters 3:

SPOT EMPTY

Fighters 4:

SPOT EMPTY

Fighters 5: (Place Empty)

Fighters 6: (Place Empty)

So pick your side, then find someone who believes the opposite of what you think & join this MEGA BET WAR!

I FEEL GT5 will do over 9.5 Million WW LTD (any one disagree?)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I disagree I expect it to be around 5 million and at most 6 million. The U.S. sales won't be that high and Europe will probably see a 4th or more of it's sales come from england which only has, I believe, a 2 million ps3 install base.

I think it will sell 8m before till Dec 2010 and then continue over 10m for sure

@foolpitter

I'll take you up on your prediction

I really don't know what to predict for this one. For one I think sales may take a slight hit due to Prologue having been on the market for so long, and in all regions. Casual race fans may be more than happy with what they already have and decide not to upgrade. Additionally there is a legitimate competitor in Forza 3 that will take away one more reason 360 only owners may have had for buying a PS3 as well. On the other hand, the series historically does big sales, and will most likely be bundled at some point in it's lifetime as it's sony's true flagship titles.

I'm going to go with a broad 7-12M guess because there are just so many different ways this could play out. As for first week, between 1 and 2M.

Around the Network

Okay Darthdevidem01 my prediction is 5.5 million by the end of 2010. So how do I bet and how exactly does this work?

I think this game will sell around 10+ mil ltd, and should do around 3.5-4 Mil WW in its first 8 weeks.

foolpittier said:
Okay Darthdvidem01 my prediction is 5.5 million by the end of 2010. So how do I bet and how exactly does this work?

+1 (same here).

@foolpittier

I put our BET into the OP

we are "fighters 1"

now we need to decide the "conditions".....so if you or me loose, whats our punishment (in a way of saying things)

so what do you want the stakes to be?

6M WW at most. NA doesn't care for PS3 software that much anymore. Not with Forza representing close to 20 M install base for 360 in NA. It's a tough call to get PS3 games to 1M in NA yet alone 2 or more M. This game sales depend heavily on Others. Others alone, with 1.5 to 2M in NA and 700K in Japan will see GT5 tap out at about 6m.