By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many of you got 3D game' motion sickness?

i get sea sick (and a liitle bit car sick) but i have never got 'game sick', i think i have a good head for 3 dimensions though, so that might help.

Around the Network

I do, but it seems to depend on a couple of things. One is just how I am generally feeling. Sometimes I'll be fine, other times I'll not feel well.

I believe that some of it is caused by low and choppy frame rates. It also doesn't help to be watching somebody else play a game. Take Counter-Strike for example, I play with a real high mouse sensitivity and I'll be fine, but if I were to watch somebody else with a high mouse sensitivity doing quick movements all the time, I wouldn't feel well after long.

i've never got it before, but i fell off a building in Warhawk yesterday and almost shat my pants. my brother who was watching said the same

i really felt like i was falling...

is it something to do with this Generation of consoles or is it something that has happened in other generations? i've never experienced it before and i've been playing games for a long time! (check my sig) although i never had a BIG HD TV before...

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

I get motion sick when I watch someone else play a FPS.   I am fine when I am playing.  I think this has to do with the fact that I know which way the screen is going to move as I hit the buttons whereas I have no idea which way my friend will turn.  

Bark said:
I get motion sick when I watch someone else play a FPS.   I am fine when I am playing.  I think this has to do with the fact that I know which way the screen is going to move as I hit the buttons whereas I have no idea which way my friend will turn.  

Good point there Bark, that explains why some people get motion sick by watching SMG videos. It will be better if they play it themself. And also it helps if you have a bigger screen. Staring at a small screen is nauseating.

Around the Network

Used to have a little bit of motion sickness when I first started 3D games. Now I'm okay with it, except with FPS. Somehow I can't overcome the FPS motion sickness hurdle. (Can't do Halo 3!!! >_

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

I used to have while playing Half-Life ... but than I found out that I just ate some bad pizza , and the next day I was playing it for hours :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I am fine with all the mario galaxy video I've watched, but I get motion sickness on some fps, especially when watching someone else playing.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

This is weird. I have only gotten motion sick from a game once and that was because I was playing my ds in the car in the mountains. I don't usually get carsick, so I blame the game. I've never been motion sick just playing a game on the t.v. though. This is my first post BTW.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

I have never got motion sickness. Motion sickness if for casual soccer mommas, not hardcore enough to handle it ;)

j/k :P