By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many of you got 3D game' motion sickness?

I can always remember spending a night round a friends with a group of mates playing goldeneye. A combination of beer, pizza and motion sickness caused me to throw up all over his new rug.

My friends to this day still mention it :(

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network

It took me ~5 minutes of playing Metroid Prime 3 with advanced controls to get motion sick. Some other FPS's do that to me. Sonic Adventure did as well

Solution?

Super Mario Galaxy

Play Sega Saturn!!!

My Music Video

My History

I used to get motion sick if I got really high then got involved in a tense Unreal Tournament 2004 game. I think I get to excited and creep closer to the screen and get so close it gets me feeling queezy. But I also would play with headphones on my own custom soundtrack pounding. (hard rock) All other times FPS dont give me a problem. And now I am playing on my PS3 and not PC so i have a bigger monitor (51" HDTV) and sit further away.

Back in the day the game Descent used to give me a headache after playing it for a hour+.

I don't get motion sickness from any type of game.

The only game to cause me harm was a couple Need For Speed games...I realized after a couple races that I hadn't blinked hardly at all during the whole thing...hurt my eyes a little bit.

I still don't get how a videogame displayed on a TV or monitor could make you want to actually throw up...beyond my understanding I guess.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Only 3D game I recall giving me motion sickness would probably be Elebits. Not sure if it was actually motion sickness as werid headaches.

I got it really bad. Can't play Metroid Prime or Mario 64. (Also, reading the descriptions in this thread is making me a little sick.) It really feels like car sickness or sea sickness, a kind of headache and must-throw-up that won't go away for half an hour or longer after you've stopped playing. I always had the impression that the quick movements of the landscape in the screen corners (which are also in the corners of my eye) made me uncomfortable.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

I actually started to the first time I played Resistance because that was a massive graphical jump for a console that I wasnt used to on my 52" HDTV. I got over it in 5 minutes. Now of course im great =]

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I used to get it when I played low res games like Wolfenstein or Doom and in particular F-Zero.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

I'm immunt to it.