By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official August 2009 NPD Thread (Data @ 6:30 for 4 weeks ending 8/29)

trestres said:
@Avinash: I'm not upset, I was just pointing out a flaw in his post and you came rushing to appologize for him, as if that needed an appology. I honestly can't understand you.

Really you could have fooled me, your comments conveyed irritation, as for me I was merely pointing out the likely reason for the error, as for you not getting me, well i'm not going to lose any sleep over that

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
psrock said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
psrock said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
trestres said:
So he's including 1 October week in the September NPD prediction?

He probably just made a mistake and ignored last week and just took the next five weeks

He's increasing the 360 and Wii numbers while ignoring the PS3 has big games coming out too, come on.

What games does it have in the next 5 weeks in NA that will move consoles?

I'm sorry I should've said that, PS3 games don't move consoles anyway.  By October, a price drop will be needed again i think.

I didn't see any significant software boost to coincide with the PS3 hardware rise, so I don't see what game will result in a moving of hardware

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

@Avinash: You seem very upset that none of your predictions is coming true actually, so you get all defensive when anyone suggests something that could make those not happen (For example, me saying that those numbers were incorrect angered you).

You don't need to appologize for anyone, if they made a mistake they will recognzie it, and I know The Source doesn't need you to do it for him.

Plus I only made a post directed at him, so if I seemed upset it was because of you, not because of him.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@Avinash: You seem very upset that none of your predictions is coming true actually, so you get all defensive when anyone suggests something that could make those not happen (For example, me saying that those numbers were incorrect angered you).

You don't need to appologize for anyone, if they made a mistake they will recognzie it, and I know The Source doesn't need you to do it for him.

Plus I only made a post directed at him, so if I seemed upset it was because of you, not because of him.

Actually I don't mind whether my predictions come true or not, the only thing I mind is people asking the same questions about them, answering the same question 50-60 times can get slightly annoying, I am unaware of when I got angry over you saying numbers were incorrect, are you sure you are remembering correctly?

I'm not apologizing for anybody, I am pointing something out, also its not necessary for you to tell me what I need to do, as I am perfectly able to decide for myself

If my comment upset you, then you are too emotional, I recommend Yoga

Avinash_Tyagi said:
psrock said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
psrock said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
trestres said:

He probably just made a mistake and ignored last week and just took the next five weeks

He's increasing the 360 and Wii numbers while ignoring the PS3 has big games coming out too, come on.

I'm sorry I should've said that, PS3 games don't move consoles anyway.  By October, a price drop will be needed again i think.

I didn't see any significant software boost to coincide with the PS3 hardware rise, so I don't see what game will result in a moving of hardware

why did you repeat what i just said, I agree, the PS3  is a blu-ray player and people saw a huge opportunity to get a cheap version and they went for it. I hope someday the PS3  could get a system seller like MGS4,  one can hope.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
psrock said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
psrock said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
trestres said:

why did you repeat what i just said, I agree, the PS3  is a blu-ray player and people saw a huge opportunity to get a cheap version and they went for it. I hope someday the PS3  could get a system seller like MGS4,  one can hope.

Yeah, then Ps3 owners can do more with it than just watch movies!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

psrock said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

I thought PS3 lost it's advantage as a bluray sale long ago though, ever since BD players dropped to the $120-200 range.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
psrock said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

I thought PS3 lost it's advantage as a bluray sale long ago though, ever since BD players dropped to the $120-200 range.

what the hell people buy it for then, i am confused now.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Euphoria14 said:
psrock said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

what the hell people buy it for then, i am confused now.

???

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Grimes said:
EA doesn't know how to market Madden Wii. I think they should target fathers of young children. Don't make it all goofy, just a fun way to play football with the family before the game on Sunday.

You forget that this country is crazy about football ( there are over 20 millions american and canadian involved in a fantasy football league and they spend an average of 9 hours a week working on their fantasy teams..)

For these people it's all about stats and realism and it makes sense they would be more attracted to more realistic versions of Madden...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !