By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official August 2009 NPD Thread (Data @ 6:30 for 4 weeks ending 8/29)

I think he's referring to the next five weeks of charts, not last weeks charts, so 275K for the next five weeks for PS3 (325 is for xbox, sorry) in NA after last week's figure

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

So he's including 1 October week in the September NPD prediction?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:

He probably just made a mistake and ignored last week and just took the next five weeks

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
trestres said:

He probably just made a mistake and ignored last week and just took the next five weeks

He's increasing the 360 and Wii numbers while ignoring the PS3 has big games coming out too, come on.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Then his predictions are not valid and he should be making another one using the correct data.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
psrock said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
trestres said:

He's increasing the 360 and Wii numbers while ignoring the PS3 has big games coming out too, come on.

What games does it have in the next 5 weeks in NA that will move consoles?

trestres said:
Then his predictions are not valid and he should be making another one using the correct data.

He probably will, chill, contrary to popular belief he's only human

Avinash_Tyagi said:
psrock said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
trestres said:

I'm sorry I should've said that, PS3 games don't move consoles anyway.  By October, a price drop will be needed again i think.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@Avinash: I'm not upset, I was just pointing out a flaw in his post and you came rushing to appologize for him, as if that needed an appology. I honestly can't understand you.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

psrock said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
psrock said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
trestres said:

I'm sorry I should've said that, PS3 games don't move consoles anyway.  By October, a price drop will be needed again i think.