By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official August 2009 NPD Thread (Data @ 6:30 for 4 weeks ending 8/29)

Wii Sports Resort undertracked by 100k?

Around the Network
Kenology said:
ph4nt said:
darthdevidem01 said:
this has got tobe the most FLOP NPD thread ever......we are usually 100 posts + by now!

Unfortunately the NPD thread was drowned by all the slim threads =(

True... but I expect September's NPD thread to be a return to form.

Only if the PS3 wins

Oops, did I say that??

You guys think the PS3 has a chance at outselling the DS in september's NPD?

mM

oh my goodness, the NPD threads on other forums are troll hazard #1, they are saying that the slim had no affect, and the 360 still outsold the ps3 despite the PS3 slim and $299 price

mM

What forum is that, leo?

Around the Network
leo-j said:
oh my goodness, the NPD threads on other forums are troll hazard #1, they are saying that the slim had no affect, and the 360 still outsold the ps3 despite the PS3 slim and $299 price

Which is true.

I dont necessarily expect Slim to outsell 360 in September either..well maybe on VGchartz lol. ODST will move hardware and the Elite price cut didnt happen until the 29th. It will be close, my gut says PS3 will win September but I hope not.

But the slim launched september 1st...

it had leaks before then

mM
leo-j said:
You guys think the PS3 has a chance at outselling the DS in september's NPD?

If the DS puts up another 500k+ I doubt it.

Using VGchartz data we have a ~150k week 1. I predict 100k week 2, 80k week 3 and it stabilizes there for the month. So somewhere around 450k total.

sharky974 said:
leo-j said:

Which is true.

I dont necessarily expect Slim to outsell 360 in September either..well maybe on VGchartz lol. ODST will move hardware and the Elite price cut didnt happen until the 29th. It will be close, my gut says PS3 will win September but I hope not.

I hope your PS3 breaks again.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

nothing can beat the ds, it consumes all

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX