By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 5 Reasons Why FF: Crystal Chronicles > Main Series

outlawauron said:
sc94597 said:
outlawauron said:
sc94597 said:
He never said Crystal Chronicles has a weak story, he said it didn't focus as much on the story. Really, people seem to read what they want to read.

But usually games that don't focus on story do so because the story sucks, right?

Or they have other priorties. Does the gameplay of Metal Gear Solid suck because that isn't the focus?

Can't really compare to two, because the comparison you're making is saying that you can't focus on both.

Main FFs usually put a strong focus on story, but the gameplay is still good. They also focus on other aspects of the game by putting tons of polish, etc. 

No. There are plenty of games that have good stories that are not too focused on, like Mario for example.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network
the_bloodwalker said:

I'm one of the few that are prefering the CC series over the main one. But I do agree that the points listed are not convincing.

To me it's a matter of personal taste. I started hating the series ever since FFX becfause I didn't like the direction it was headed. While a good game it has become the biggest dissapointment in what I was expecting from a FF game. and the series has become a letdown since (not FFXI and FFIV since they are online and I am not into MMORPGs so I cannot judge them). FFXIII is in that same path even though the game is different from FFX/X-2 and FFXII, the essence is the same only presented differently.

The Crystal Chronicles side franchise was born for two reasons: one was to give Nintendo systems some support and they used the FF name to give it some push in sales (and to calm down the rumored anger that Yamaguchi had for being "betrayed"), and the other reason was to explore concepts that were rejected from the main series for being "out of focus". the First FFCC game for the gamecube is a gem that can only be fully enjoyed with friends and having more than one GBA, which made it hard to enjoy because it was multiplayer focused. The single player experience was not something gamers expected from a FF game and it was hated by many (a simmilar hate to the one I have for FFX so I understand it).

I also agree that it should not have the FF name, but it's because it's not needed anymore. The series has grown nicely and is starting to have some legs on its own. Many gamers like me only refer the series as the CC.

The Crystal Chronicles series has something that the main one doesn't and I really like: the freedom in design and development. Looking at the concepts used so far:

• Multiplayer played with a portable device as your interface (CC on gamecube, a remake on Wii with DS connectivity may not be a bad idea)
  • No turn based battles
  • Local wireless multiplayer
  • Online multiplayer with anyone anywhere
  • Resourse management
  • "Defense Strategy" could that be a tower defense?I dunno
  • Single player storyline
  • object manipulation

it showed the wide spectrum the series can explore and evolve, it does not have the contraints the main series currently has.

My ideas are not convincing yet you repeated half the things I said, hmmmm . . .

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

outlawauron said:
sc94597 said:
outlawauron said:
sc94597 said:
He never said Crystal Chronicles has a weak story, he said it didn't focus as much on the story. Really, people seem to read what they want to read.

But usually games that don't focus on story do so because the story sucks, right?

Or they have other priorties. Does the gameplay of Metal Gear Solid suck because that isn't the focus?

Can't really compare to two, because the comparison you're making is saying that you can't focus on both.

Main FFs usually put a strong focus on story, but the gameplay is still good. They also focus on other aspects of the game by putting tons of polish, etc. 

Same thing could be said for FFCC. The priorty is gameplay while the story is still good. I don't where you are going with this.....

sc94597 said:
outlawauron said:
sc94597 said:
outlawauron said:
sc94597 said:

Same thing could be said for FFCC. The priorty is gameplay while the story is still good. I don't where you are going with this.....

Oh, I think the story is completely rubbish in FFCC. A complete afterthought.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@theARTIST0017

Is in how you developed the list that is not strong.

Around the Network

Long story short, in this case... Final Fantasy = Devil may Cry and FFCC = Chaos Legion. :D

the only reason you needed was "because FF:CC is exclusive to ninty".

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Soriku said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Long story short, in this case... Final Fantasy = Devil may Cry and FFCC = Chaos Legion. :D

So that means FFCC is better than normal FF? OMG! :P

Yes sir Re bob! thats also why Versus XIII > FFXIII and Dissidia > Crisis Core! :o

outlawauron said:
sc94597 said:
outlawauron said:
sc94597 said:
outlawauron said:
sc94597 said:

Oh, I think the story is completely rubbish in FFCC. A complete afterthought.

I was referring to crystal bearers to be honest. Also I liked FFCC:RoF story better than most. Wasn't filled with as many bad implemented cliche's as many others are.

Final Fantasy does have a good gameplay but its growing old

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!