By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 5 Reasons Why FF: Crystal Chronicles > Main Series

sc94597 said:
theARTIST0017 said:
sc94597 said:
theARTIST0017 said:
sc94597 said:
outlawauron said:
Well, the main series doesn't innovate on terms of Wii series or anything like that, but tell you can't really tell me that FFXII didn't innovate. What game has a similar battle system?

That is quite true, but you have to note that it wasn't an innovation that stuck. FFXIII went back to refinement, and it definately not wasn't on FFXII's system.  It also made the game worst for me(an example of innovation not always being pleasing), but I don't want to turn this thread into an FFXII rant. Either way, you can say the same thing for Crystal Bearers. You can't say there is a game that plays like that either.

I wasn't going to say but Star Wars: The Force Unleashed comes to mind. Oh well TCB is better anyways.

That isn't the focus of the gameplay though. You have a lightsaber as well.  In TCB your only weapon is manipulation of your enemies(or some other object). Not only that, but you could also use your enemies abilities to attack others. So while you are manipulating matter, it isn't the same exact experience. It is along of the lines of saying any game that uses a sword to fight isn't innovative because you are using a sword.

dang I didn't even know that.  I learn something new everyday. So then, that means Layle can't learn spells and stuff? Fine with me. (thats another innnovative thing in TCB)

Well I wouldn't say that is the case. There has to be some upgrade to his manipulation or else it would be pretty boring. I'm saying the focus is on the gravity aspect though.

true. I think its cool how he can move other people with his powers XD

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
dharh said:
I severely disagree.

Story wise, graphics wise, gameplay wise the main FF series has everything over the FFCC series. FFIII wasn't that great though. Even though they updated the game engine and redid some story stuff it was still basically the same old FFIII. The FF series didn't start come into its own until FFIV and FFVI. Both of those are better than any of the FFCC games.

The Main Series is also inconsistent. One game will be your best ever, then the other is a mediocre RPG. So on average they are about the same. The best FF games are better than FFCC games, and the worst are not anywhere near FFCC's value imo. Crystal Bearers is more in terms with the main series FF when taking into consideration what values they follow opposed to other FFCC games. To be honest, Crystal Bearers is as much as a FFCC game as the Main Series is. So you shouldn't really compare previous games when one series is inconsistant, and the other targets different aspects of gaming.

Every FF above FFIII is better than any FFCC game so far. I don't necessarily discount FFCC:CB but so far it's got bad roots. The combat system of FFCC games are generally 'fine', not great but certainly crisis core passable. FFCC the original game was so bad I couldn't play more than halfway.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

dharh said:
sc94597 said:
dharh said:
I severely disagree.

Story wise, graphics wise, gameplay wise the main FF series has everything over the FFCC series. FFIII wasn't that great though. Even though they updated the game engine and redid some story stuff it was still basically the same old FFIII. The FF series didn't start come into its own until FFIV and FFVI. Both of those are better than any of the FFCC games.

The Main Series is also inconsistent. One game will be your best ever, then the other is a mediocre RPG. So on average they are about the same. The best FF games are better than FFCC games, and the worst are not anywhere near FFCC's value imo. Crystal Bearers is more in terms with the main series FF when taking into consideration what values they follow opposed to other FFCC games. To be honest, Crystal Bearers is as much as a FFCC game as the Main Series is. So you shouldn't really compare previous games when one series is inconsistant, and the other targets different aspects of gaming.

Every FF above FFIII is better than any FFCC game so far. I don't necessarily discount FFCC:CB but so far it's got bad roots. The combat system of FFCC games are generally 'fine', not great but certainly crisis core passable. FFCC the original game was so bad I couldn't play more than halfway.

Yet I know people who have played it more than any main series FF. I guarantee you this, that I've like FFCC and RoF more than at least half of the main series library when you incorporate multiplayer. The other half is miles above it, but that supports my idea that it is an inconsistent series.

Whatever makes you feel better. :)

wow i played more of the main series so i don't know...
Some of FF:Crystal Chronicles are good but most of them aren't.
Review-wise the main series is better.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network
gustave154 said:
wow i played more of the main series so i don't know...
Some of FF:Crystal Chronicles are good but most of them aren't.
Review-wise the main series is better.

What? There has only been 3 games in the series(not counting the wiiware games.) They all play the same, and have the same  level of story. development. They all focus toward multiplayer. The series has actually got better. So either they all suck or they all are good. 

im sorry, but i have to say that the most important part of an rpg is the story. A good and intriguing story, not too cliche'd, with charismatic characters, plot twists and developments is good enough to keep any rpg afloat, no matter the format, gameplay, or graphics.

We play rpg's for the stories and the characters

Is this a joke?

Seriously he only thing better about crystal chronicles is that it's (apparently) improving as a series with each new installment, many people see the opposite happening with Final Fantasy Main (myself I believe since X)

Other than that, FF main absolutely tears crystal bearers apart

Epic Thread.Goes to my fauvorites.

Take my love, take my land..

The one I played on the GameCube was the worst Final Fantasy I've ever played, absolute trash. No one would of cared if it wasn't a Final Fantasy game.

The new one looks better on the Wii though, but I'm certainly anticipating XIII more. Non of your points make much sense.