By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft’s Project Natal: Bigger and Badder Than We Thought

Senlis said:
penguin said:
Thanks for coming into the Microsoft disccusion forum and giving us your Crystal ball readings PS3 owners but I am sure MS know what they are doing, though I have no doubt they will have taken your essential comments onboard. (1 PS3 fanboy has only just joined this site just to post all negative 360 comments I see)

The system looks like and incredible bit of kit and games are only 1 of the many things this can be used for.

Should see more at the Tokyo show and I belive they are going to reveal something about the high amount of onboard proccesing power it has......

Thanks for coming into the Microsoft discussion forum and giving us your Crystal ball readings XBOX360 owners, but I am sure MS is not perfect, though I have no doubt they have considered your encouragement to complete the product. (1 XBOX360 fanboy has only just joined this site just to post all positive 360 comments I see)

And like 3 PS3 fanboys just joined to do the same, followed by the rest of the PS3 fanboy community here.  See my post for more details.  If you need any further proof I will do my best to explain things for you all.

Around the Network

The problem with Natal is the same problem with every other add-on every released -- penetration rates.

The Wii Balance Board is a super success with roughly two out of five Wii owners buying it. And it is the exception to the rule.

If Microsoft gets one-third of Xbox 360 owners to buy into Natal, it will be great. But I imagine that Microsoft may be thinking of this as a dry-run for the NextBox rather than a true make-or-break peripheral.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I'm looking forward to seeing this direction pan out. An extra level of intuitive and invisible(don't hold anything and always on with machine) input is awesome. Though I'm a firm believer that most people are still deluding themselves in regards to degree of input fidelity. Though this thing sounds awesome in regards to broad motion gestures and hopefully gesture accuracy.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

I just realized why I will never like Natal - when I get pissed at a game, I like to throw my controller. With Natal, I'll have to do a Blanca rolling attack at the tv set.

mike_intellivision said:
The problem with Natal is the same problem with every other add-on every released -- penetration rates.

The Wii Balance Board is a super success with roughly two out of five Wii owners buying it. And it is the exception to the rule.

If Microsoft gets one-third of Xbox 360 owners to buy into Natal, it will be great. But I imagine that Microsoft may be thinking of this as a dry-run for the NextBox rather than a true make-or-break peripheral.

Mike from Morgantown

I agree that MS is definitely going to use this as a test run for the next Xbox console.  We will likely see an enhanced version of Natal with every MS console next gen.  Another thing though, is that Natal will be compatible with PC's as well, much like the 360 controllers are plug and play with PC's.  This could be an advantage to them because it could have a larger audience to get Natal out there.  Then come next generation the production costs will be lower because they will already have the Natal construction down.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
Senlis said:
penguin said:
Thanks for coming into the Microsoft disccusion forum and giving us your Crystal ball readings PS3 owners but I am sure MS know what they are doing, though I have no doubt they will have taken your essential comments onboard. (1 PS3 fanboy has only just joined this site just to post all negative 360 comments I see)

The system looks like and incredible bit of kit and games are only 1 of the many things this can be used for.

Should see more at the Tokyo show and I belive they are going to reveal something about the high amount of onboard proccesing power it has......

Thanks for coming into the Microsoft discussion forum and giving us your Crystal ball readings XBOX360 owners, but I am sure MS is not perfect, though I have no doubt they have considered your encouragement to complete the product. (1 XBOX360 fanboy has only just joined this site just to post all positive 360 comments I see)

And like 3 PS3 fanboys just joined to do the same, followed by the rest of the PS3 fanboy community here.  See my post for more details.  If you need any further proof I will do my best to explain things for you all.

My point is that, while there is ridiculous cynicism coming from PS3 fanboys, there is ridiculous predictions from XBOX360 fanboys.  There is also calling people PS3 fanboys only because they disagree that the Natal concept with be successful.

I'm a Nintendo/PC fanboy.  I didn't follow anyone in here, I saw the thread on the main page.  Just wanted to clear that up.

ramses01 said:
Sigh, NATAL topics always bring out those who lack any vision. IF MS DELIVERS on the promise shown at E3, NATAL will be the most significant gaming launch since the 2600.

Delivering includes the following for the conceptually challenged.

Bundled with Valhalla 360 arcades at $199 and available with 1 killer app at no more than $79.99 for existing owners (although $99 would be sweet if it included wireless).
Notice I said killer app, which doesn't necessarily mean game!
NATAL will supplement and compliment the controller, where beneficial, for Core games.
NATAL will introduce new experiences for the casual crowd.

Lay off the crystal meth, please.

geddesmond2 said:
I really don't see my trying to play a game like that. With the Wii your holding something in your hand and still pressing buttons. With Natal your dancing around in your sitting room like a god dam fool.
Your supposed to be able to play car games with it by pretending to really drive a car. Ok everyone on this thread take a time out and right now pretend your driving a car. Theres an imaginary steering wheel in our hands and we are turning corners and making vroom noises. "Wow this is real fun" Nah wait I'm bored.

Yes , lets take a demo used to show how responsive and easy it is to adapt new tech to an old game as one of many new possibilities and use that to ridicule something you haven't and possibly never will use before it's released.

Fair and balanced.

And not at all showing people how certain 'fans' are scared of something new.
(until it appears on their console of choice)

will get this baby day 2.

geddesmond2 said:
I really don't see my trying to play a game like that. With the Wii your holding something in your hand and still pressing buttons. With Natal your dancing around in your sitting room like a god dam fool.
Your supposed to be able to play car games with it by pretending to really drive a car. Ok everyone on this thread take a time out and right now pretend your driving a car. Theres an imaginary steering wheel in our hands and we are turning corners and making vroom noises. "Wow this is real fun" Nah wait I'm bored.

Agree. It looks fun on the PR video but in reality fun goes away quickly. Same like with the PS Eye games. They are good to show off your system but in the end nothing can replace a controller.