By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP customization...

Is this thread 10 months late? Perhaps... but I just got the PS3 slim a week ago and was trying my hand at littlebigplanet's custom level system. It took me two days to decide that I would never, ever be able to get the hang of it. Is this true for anyone else? It's just so un-linear and the huge amount of tutorials don't help much...

3 undeniable facts:

1. Halo 3 is better than Call of Duty 4

2. Smash Bros is better then... any other fighter

3. Failout 3 is BAD

Around the Network

I was overwhelmed with it at first, but I gave it a chance it is became incredibly addicting.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

You did better than me, I haven't even opened the level designer, and I got the game at pretty much launch time.

I'm sure it has happenned for a lot of people who mainly got the game just to have a cute platformer.

If you want an easy level type to make you can always try your hand at the Rollercoaster Type level. That was easy to make and has been my biggest success based on number of people that have tried it out (kind of sad considering the amount of work I put into some of the others)

it gets easy

mM
Around the Network

It's up to you. I've made four levels - of variable quality but none awful, judging by the ratings - so it's doable.

I find the tools easy once you get the hang of them - but clearly if you want to build anything decent you're going to either put in some serious 'trial and error' time and skip the tutorials, or sit through them and go from there.

There are over 1 million user levels now, so it would see a fair percentage of LBP owners create, but not the majority - so maybe the game for you is better played rather than created.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

yeah, u can keep it simple.
do a race, just need creativity.

also CO OP creator is coming up, u could get some helps from friends.

uh i found it hard at first but it soon gets easier

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

I'll probably get into it once co-op comes, but it's a bit too overwhelming for me.

Start with blocks and some basic stuff and you'll get some interesting ideas.

It's cool when you're playing your custom level and you have an idea to make something and can actually Macgyver it out of the level design tools.