By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 Owners: Namco-Bandai - UNDERHANDED & Unfair (TOV Petition formed)!

mibuokami said:
Please remove the link to the website or at least add NSFW.

With regards to the game, yea I wish they would have being more fair and release it as a multiplat from day one, that one none of this shit would have happen right? Blame MS for giving you a time exclusive? Pffff....

that timed esclusvity came with a price

Around the Network
Xxain said:
mibuokami said:
Please remove the link to the website or at least add NSFW.

With regards to the game, yea I wish they would have being more fair and release it as a multiplat from day one, that one none of this shit would have happen right? Blame MS for giving you a time exclusive? Pffff....

that timed esclusvity came with a price

If you were told at the release of the 360 version of ToV that PS3 version will be release with bonus material but not for another year would you buy it? Maybe, I know if I wanted to play the game badly enough I would certainly get it.

WOW...I'm just wondering what the market is like in the EU and most PAL for JRPGS?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i completely agree with these 360 owners that got screwed big time from namco-bandai, i think they should offer all the extra content as dlc for free since some of it was originaly in the 360 version. namco-bandai the way they treat their customers is bullshit, plain and simple.

Why blame Namco-Bandai? Why not blame MS for buying timed exclusivity?

360 users bitching that they got screwed over? well i think that's a first

Currently Watching - Naruto, One Piece

Waiting For - Skyrim, Mass Effect 3

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

Seriously? Did GameCube owners do this over the PS2 version of RE4? I mean, i know they bitched, but a petition for legal action? Damn.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Half the people criticizing in this thread are the people doing THE EXACT SAME THING in the FF XIII thread. It takes a real hypocrite to be hypocritical over someone else's hypocrisy.

I think that made sense.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Brilliant, PS3 owners who usually bitch complaining about 360 owners bitching about the very same thing PS3 owners are notorious for complaining about. Instant classic.

Seriously, who cares. Either way, you play the game, if you wanted to play it earlier you bought a 360 or PS3, if you wanted to play it later, you bought the other one.

I played Bioshock before PS3 owners did, and now I'll play Tales after the 360 owners did. At the end of the day, we all still played the same game and the same story.

Incidently, any one else notice the flame bait language in the article "massively upgraded form".... and come on, if these people have enough to money to buy a 360 solely for this game, surely they have enough money (after selling the 360 as well) to buy a PS3, which according to this article is what they wanted to do but they bought a 360 for 1 game from a "niche" series. Flamebait!!!

Soriku said:
@Carl

Uh...do you know they bought timed exclusivity? This game started in early 2006 before the PS3 was out, so it's perfectly possible they just said "hey, let's make an HD Tales" and 360 was the only option. Of course, they could've thought to bring it over to PS3 later and now they have. The same thing happened to ToS (though the PS2 version never made it out over here).

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Namco give all the extra stuff as expensive DLC for the 360 lolz.

Do we know they didnt?
All im saying is, as far as we know, MS are as much to blame as N-B

Carl2291 said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i completely agree with these 360 owners that got screwed big time from namco-bandai, i think they should offer all the extra content as dlc for free since some of it was originaly in the 360 version. namco-bandai the way they treat their customers is bullshit, plain and simple.

Why blame Namco-Bandai? Why not blame MS for buying timed exclusivity?

Link?

I believe that Namco Bandai's excuse was that they started development before PS3 dev kits were released. Whether you chose to believe that is up to you, but the idea that Microsoft bought timed-exclusivity is purely speculation.

If Namco were telling the truth about the dev kits, then it wouldn't be suprising that they would want to release the game on PS3 as soon as possible. Sony has porting rules, so Namco had to add extra content, which they did. Namco pretty much screwed the multi-console crowd with their "fake exclusivity", because rabid fans will now end up buying the game twice, and NB will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Namco Bandai constantly do shit like this (and many other idiotic things), so I doubt they would waste their time reading a petition.