By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What the hell is up with infamous

starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:
starcraft said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Don't act so innocent mr stickball. you're a mod you should know what trolling is. Both you and starcraft in this thread are being ridiculous.

What?

This game simply did not do as well as the hype intended.  I created at least two threads praising the title after I had played it through.  I am hoping it's sales pick up as much as anyone else, but stop being so blinded and unreasonable.

Why must you always correlate hype with sales?

How about we crucify you after Mass Effect 2 comes out when it doesn't come close to Gears of War?  But I didn't say it would come close to Gears!  But you hyped it, and that's the same!  OMGZ!

This whole "hype" bull from console warriors gets so tiring.  Just let people be excited for their damn games.  >_<

I'm awaiting the countless "flop" threads after Demon's Souls comes out and sells like 300k lifetime.  What people should be doing at that time is lamenting that a great game sold so horribly.

Note that I "correlated" it with sales.  I did not "equate" it with sales.

In this case, they hype was accompanied by a large number of outlandish predictions.  Both Mass Effect and Fable 2 met the predictions I made both long before and shortly before their release.  I don't think you can argue I hyped any game more than those two

I don't know why I bothered, but I calculated the average of the predictions from page 2 (50 p/p), and I came up with a number a bit higher than 1.6 million.  That's including a few crazy people that predicted over 3 million lifetime.

The predictions were by and large in the realm of normalcy, and assuming the game has decent legs, it should die off near 1.5 million in the end (possibly higher if they bundle it in NA like Uncharted, which is why my prediction stated 1.5 million, possibly 2.5 million with bundles).  The only way game "failed" to perform is in relation to its hype, as you originally stated, and not in relationship to the initial sales predictions by the general forum.

Stop backpedaling.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:
starcraft said:
Don't act so innocent mr stickball. you're a mod you should know what trolling is. Both you and starcraft in this thread are being ridiculous.

What?

This game simply did not do as well as the hype intended.  I created at least two threads praising the title after I had played it through.  I am hoping it's sales pick up as much as anyone else, but stop being so blinded and unreasonable.

How about we crucify you after Mass Effect 2 comes out when it doesn't come close to Gears of War?  But I didn't say it would come close to Gears!  But you hyped it, and that's the same!  OMGZ!

This whole "hype" bull from console warriors gets so tiring.  Just let people be excited for their damn games.  >_<

I'm awaiting the countless "flop" threads after Demon's Souls comes out and sells like 300k lifetime.  What people should be doing at that time is lamenting that a great game sold so horribly.

In this case, they hype was accompanied by a large number of outlandish predictions.  Both Mass Effect and Fable 2 met the predictions I made both long before and shortly before their release.  I don't think you can argue I hyped any game more than those two

I don't know why I bothered, but I calculated the average of the predictions from page 2 (50 p/p), and I came up with a number a bit higher than 1.6 million.  That's including a few crazy people that predicted over 3 million lifetime.

The predictions were by and large in the realm of normalcy, and assuming the game has decent legs, it should die off near 1.5 million in the end (possibly higher if they bundle it in NA like Uncharted, which is why my prediction stated 1.5 million, possibly 2.5 million with bundles).  The only way game failed to perform is in relation to its hype, as you originally stated, and not in relationship to the initial sales predictions by the general forum.

Stop backpedaling.

OH SNAP! You got served! Jizzle to ma nizzle homeboy!

also shouldnt compare infamous with uncharted because , uncharted was bundled for awhile which helped out its sales. uncharted is a game that deserves its sales, infamous deserves to be a million seller but for me not more than that, after beating i lost any interest to play it, where as in uncharted i beat it over 5 times.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

makingmusic476 said:
starcraft said:
makingmusic476 said:
starcraft said:

What?

The predictions were by and large in the realm of normalcy, and assuming the game has decent legs, it should die off near 1.5 million in the end (possibly higher if they bundle it in NA like Uncharted, which is why my prediction stated 1.5 million, possibly 2.5 million with bundles).  The only way game "failed" to perform is in relation to its hype, as you originally stated, and not in relationship to the initial sales predictions by the general forum.

Stop backpedaling.

Wait a minute, where have I back peddled?  You said I correlated, I agreed.

The conclusion of the sales prediction averages in that thread alone are double the current sales.

And I note that noone has really wanted to engage with MrStickball's pointing out that the game hasn't come close to the sales of most other major new sandbox IP's.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

GTA is not a new IP...

I am not the one telling people they are ridiculous or are backpeddling...

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
starcraft said:

What?

There was actually a preemptive "Demon's Souls was promised to sell big" thread when someone made a thread asking why people said Demon's Souls would be a "game changer".  You musta missed it, was kinda funny.

starcraft said:
GTA is not a new IP...

Let it Go Starcraft, we've had these discussion with too many PS3 games.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
starcraft said:
GTA is not a new IP...

Let it Go Starcraft, we've had these discussion with too many PS3 games.

That should tell us something, and perhaps the opposite of what most people in this thread are getting at.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

its will sell...
have faith my fellow 28 year olds!!!

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

CGI-Quality said:
starcraft said:
GTA is not a new IP...

* looks at Saints Row 1's sales *

So: 1.98mill. Will inFAMOUS not even get close to this...? And actually, I correct my original statement, I didn't know Saints Row's sales were that low. I think inFAMOUS is DEFINITELY on track to get close to it or match it.

You are the one, however, claiming (as usual) that a Sony game: "didn't sell to expectations". When looking at what most people predicited, however, the sales were on point.

Actually MM has already indicated that for now inFamous is at half what the average expected sales were.

That would of course also include all the Prototype Xbox 360 fanboys that predicted low deliberately.