By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version Of FFXIII Downgraded Due To 360

they removed, CGI cut-scenes, normal cut scenes, downgraded the amount of free roaming areas you have, they downgraded the textures, made sound quality more bad, just so many things

Around the Network

Wait is this a rumour or outright fact?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Soriku said:
Ssliasil said:
Its already been confirmed that the Games CG cutscenes have been converted to In-Game graphics instead...THAT is fucked up, i want the QUALITY that the graphics and game were at BEFORE the 360 port interference when it was PS3 Exclusive.

I want the WHITE ENGINE that FF Versus XIII uses...NOT Crystal Tools (Optimized version of White Engine for Multi-platform usage...aka downgraded)

You know the White Engine IS the Crystal Tools right? It got renamed.

Actually they are still two seperate things.

You have the Original White Engine (which yes is named Crystal Tools as well) But is SPECIFICALLY modified for the PS3, and is in use with FFVersus XIII.

NOW

You have the multi-platform sub engine of the Crystal Tools which is what FFXIII NOW runs off of due to the 360

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

dbot said:
I really wish this wasn't posted. Nothing good can come of this. Please note, this is not the view of all PS3 fans or even a majority.

Good, then I won't have to go off in this thread again. I appreciate your disgust.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I am sure many would disagree, but I have always enjoyed CGI video much more than ingame video. I liked that movie feel to it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
rafichamp said:
they removed, CGI cut-scenes, normal cut scenes, downgraded the amount of free roaming areas you have, they downgraded the textures, made sound quality more bad, just so many things

Can you prove that?

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

rafichamp said:

So wait, does that mean the overall quality is downgraded!?

Half that article is complete and utter bullshit. Multiple DVD's won't affect pacing at all. How does the fact that the game is being put on multiple DVD's on the 360 affect in-game area visitation on either console in any way?

Also, when was it confirmed that there has been a graphical drop? I remember one topic where a bunch of people got angry because a supposed graphical drop, but it turned out that they were comparing CG to in game shots. I guess some people still haven't realized that the majority of what we've seen of this game pre-2009 was either not in game, or was running on PC.

I can't believe that people are still taking obviously biased articles like this seriously. I've lost count of how many have been posted on this site alone.

CGI brings life to a game (play FFXII for gods sake)...It changes it up...better than seeing the same danm textures for 100 hours of gametime, its nice to see your character in perfected quality.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

^^they didnt take out cut scenes all together but they reduced the number of cut scenes