By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version Of FFXIII Downgraded Due To 360

FinalEvangelion said:
Carl2291 said:
Thats bad.

I dont get why they just dont keep it the same on PS3 and downgrade the 360 version.

Although I think that would be fair considering the circumstances, MS probably has a lot of say about that if SE wants to recieve their marketing funds.  But I see alot of fanboys duking it out with each other in this thread.

"MS probably has a lot of say about that if SE wants to recieve their marketing funds"

Im not gonna beat a dead horse...but that comment right there...scares me, because I just cant shake feeling that this might be happening..who wants to bet if DLC is annouced MS is gonna get timed exclusivity??

Around the Network

If that happens I'll lose all respect for SE...oh wait :s

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

@cactus, having the game on multiple disks DOES reduce roaming in the game, r u crazy?

If there is DLC for this game, I doubt it will be a timed exclusive for any console.

Cactus said:

Half that article is complete and utter bullshit. Multiple DVD's won't affect pacing at all. How does the fact that the game is being put on multiple DVD's on the 360 affect in-game area visitation on either console in any way?

Also, when was it confirmed that there has been a graphical drop? I remember one topic where a bunch of people got angry because a supposed graphical drop, but it turned out that they were comparing CG to in game shots. I guess some people still haven't realized that the majority of what we've seen of this game pre-2009 was either not in game, or was running on PC.

I can't believe that people are still taking obviously biased articles like this seriously. I've lost count of how many have been posted on this site alone.

Play Star Ocean 4 and infinit undescovery THEN read your post and think abuot that for a moment.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

One thing that pisses me off, is that it takes one hell of a selfish gamer to wish that 20 million people would lose access to a game so they could have the option to choose Japanese language.

PS3 fanboys come up with these conspiracy theories like "FFXIII was a multiplat fro the start" in an attempt to tout the PS3's supposed gaming superiority, while flaming the 360 and the great betrayer, FFXIII.

Ya know what, the game is what it is. Buy it or don't. Stop worrying about potential, you are starting to sound like an elitist jerk, but it's a parody because you're only sporting a PS3.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Cactus said:

Half that article is complete and utter bullshit. Multiple DVD's won't affect pacing at all. How does the fact that the game is being put on multiple DVD's on the 360 affect in-game area visitation on either console in any way?

Also, when was it confirmed that there has been a graphical drop? I remember one topic where a bunch of people got angry because a supposed graphical drop, but it turned out that they were comparing CG to in game shots. I guess some people still haven't realized that the majority of what we've seen of this game pre-2009 was either not in game, or was running on PC.

I can't believe that people are still taking obviously biased articles like this seriously. I've lost count of how many have been posted on this site alone.

that depends on how square structure the game.

but assure you 360 version will have you re insert disc # ? to go back to some towns.

there is a a way to prevent that making the structure or the game different so u don't have to.

but that means downgrading ps3  open areas, so both consoles get the same.

not confirmed but highly likely, now that both consoles are the same =(.

i got the demo 1080p video its Stunning =(-

@ rafichamp & Ssliasil

Star Ocean 4 was on multiple discs, yet every area was accessible. Sure you had to switch discs every so often, but the PS3 version of FFXIII shouldn’t have that problem.

rafichamp said:
@cactus, having the game on multiple disks DOES reduce roaming in the game, r u crazy?

What the hell is this? You are speculating, and calling someone else crazy for not absolutely buying your ignorant bullshittish logic?

You don't know what you're talking about, do you?

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Ssliasil said:
dsister44 said:
Ssliasil said:
^ Dsister...Let me put this in an example you will understand...

This is the equivallent of if Halo 3 wasnt a MS sponsord IP and it was being ported to the Wii with th same release date...See the downgrade? would you love Halo 3 as much then?

Didnt think so.

Yes, I would still like it. I really do not care about graphics.

See, now your just lieing to me...That is Utter bullshit and we both know it...

1.) The graphics wouldnt be the only to suffer

2.) Pure processing power differential between Wii and 360 would kill 50% of the Gameplay aspects of Halo 3, at least...Think Conduit...Thats what Halo 3 would be.

According to Saviorx(who actually owns a Wii) you are wrong

[9:07:26 pm] saviorx: ...........no, it wouldnt

[9:07:42 pm] saviorx: the online may miss one or two game types, but no

[9:07:51 pm] saviorx: gameplay would stay relatively the same