By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time definitely is not getting MP?

Ratchet is all about single player but a multiplayer mode could be very awesome.
A Crack in Time will be filled with new content that was not previously found in other Ratchets.
I hope it will happen in the future though.

Around the Network

A couple of the PS2 ratchets had online MP and it was great. It's fine without it, but I hope this is longer than RCF1 which felt like a waste of money at $60 and is making me reluctant to buy this one.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

If MP is tacked on it's not really "infinite replay." Personally R&C has that potential to have a good MP component, but being SP only makes trophies less of a hassle.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

I really don't care about the mp, as long as the SP is good... However, that doesn't count for MW2 :P

KylieDog said:
Because it is value for your money.

When a large amount of games release with a single player campaign and then on top of that they have near infinite replay due to multiplayer why would anyone want to buy a game that is 8-10hours of single player only for the same price?

Doesn't matter if it's boring ass bullshit, I guess?

Companies like ND try to make anything they do, work right.

If they don't want to spend an assload of time on MP, then they just can't have a MP mode, because they aren't going to halfass it.

I'm a SP only gamer. I don't have friends with a PS3, and I despise everyone, so online sucks. I wouldn't even download a user-created level, just to spite that bogus lazy development gimmick.

So yes, more games like this, and if you don't like it, don't buy it, but enough whining, imo. There is way too much of that stuff on the internet.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Rickz0r said:
I really don't care about the mp, as long as the SP is good... However, that doesn't count for MW2 :P

I hated CoD, I'd never heard of Infinity Ward, and I have still yet to pick of the sticks against anyone on CoD4, and its 4 hour campaign, which I have completed once, is the best 4 hours of gaming I've had this generation, I'd have paid double for it, and I salute it as an achievement of gaming excellence.

Same for games like SotN.

Some shit is so good, that just glimpsing it, is better than years of counterstrike, and holds fonder memories. Time really doesn't exist in memory. Gaming is about the experience. If you just want something to waste your time efficiently, read a book.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Ofcourse I would pay alot for great singleplayer experiences, I paid 80 euro's for SotC, and 70 for Ico... Multiplayer doesn't offer more value alone, it sometimes adds experiences aswell that couldn't be achieved in a singleplayer game. Also, for many, online party's are a great experience.

Rickz0r said:
Ofcourse I would pay alot for great singleplayer experiences, I paid 80 euro's for SotC, and 70 for Ico... Multiplayer doesn't offer more value alone, it sometimes adds experiences aswell that couldn't be achieved in a singleplayer game. Also, for many, online party's are a great experience.

Obviously, but arguing that it's required is wrong. Years of Nintendo and Squaresoft games can attest to that.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I never said it's required, I only said it can bring unique experiences.

I can live with that

4 ≈ One