By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ameblo.jp : PS3 Slim could EXCEED 100K (JAPAN Week 1)!!!

25k - 35k are needed just to get the "delayed" sales of the past 4 weeks back.

This + new sales because of price-cut and slim.

100k would be great, but I would not go crazy about it.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Yesterday it was lol ps3 could not even outsell 360 in Americas even though its not fully released. Today it's not now that matters its 8 months from now. Be happy for the industry, this is great news. Competition from Sony means YOU will get a better gaming experience on your own consoles (not that you shouldn't have all of them now.) It's about time they started doing things right, have a little heart for the people who brought you the PS and PS2! :)

I expect year over year PSP is going to EXPLODE. The amount of core games for the PSP this year and next far exceeds any other gaming console. Sony is really putting the pedal to the floor on the PSP, more so than the ps3.

I expect next week PS3 numbers will be very similar or higher. However, remember this: PS3 does not need to out sell the 360 in NA, it just needs to be competitive. If it is close in NA for the rest of the year, it will always way outsell in japan for now on, and it should gain ground in others with Holiday sales booming very high because the pent up desire for a PS3 slim will most surely be highest in the holiday seasons.

While I agree on this Darth and 100k would be really impressive I don't know if it can make it to that mark although 70k is possible. I know I am again going to be attacked or something but I wanted to ask you.....

You really think 100k is possible in Japan in 1 week????I mean DS only sold 80K and it is a beast.....

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

kowenicki said:
Of course its possible.... and likely.

But Japan is DS plus Wii.... that aint going to change long term.

Does nobody here understand what pent up demand is?

You mean Japan is handhelds, with Wii following.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Why does the Slim cost 42800Y on Amazon? Price gouging?

Around the Network
Wii_Master said:
While I agree on this Darth and 100k would be really impressive I don't know if it can make it to that mark although 70k is possible. I know I am again going to be attacked or something but I wanted to ask you.....

You really think 100k is possible in Japan in 1 week????I mean DS only sold 80K and it is a beast.....

No I don't......I was shocked when I saw this & star scream told me

but if it happens.....then what?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Wii_Master said:

No I don't......I was shocked when I saw this & star scream told me

but if it happens.....then what?

If it happens then nintendo and MS team up to make Wii60 only to sell 1 Million lol 

ok sorry I know I have been fanboyish and a little stupid in other threads but hey friends?

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
╚══╝╚╩╝         

100k sounds a bit high. I can't really imagine it going much higher then 60k.

Although anything can happen in the crazy world of the games industry, I've been shocked plenty of times before.

Wii_Master said:

You really think 100k is possible in Japan in 1 week???? I mean DS only sold 80K and it is a beast.....

DS didn't have a big game, a price drop, and a new model released this week.

It's possible.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

actually what about DSi when it launched i don't think it went above 100K combined with DSL...Did it? Cause I haven't researched...

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
╚══╝╚╩╝