By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Unofficial Feature List of Firmware 3.0

sully1311 said:

Firmware 3.0: The New Features

Robert W [BioEye]
Senior Writer

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 / 18:00

Sony seem to only like writing three or four additions for each firmware update before you start downloading, which is odd, because especially with firmware 3.0, there’s a ton of new little bits here and there that could be listed. Not that they were all well received, and this definitely doesn’t feel as such a big improvement such as when we got in-game XMB and trophies in 2.4. So let’s take a look at the actual updates with 3.0 then, shall we?

• The new PS3 logo is shown when the console is switched on

Reason enough to not download it....

Seriously I expected more from version 3.0

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@dgc

that happend to me too... im not liking this update. uglier and what else?

God, All you do is spread FUD kowenicki. Just stop.

Destroyer_of_knights said:
Dgc1808 said:
3.0 is officially shit.

Try playing your music on the XMB... then browsing the internet at the same time... or even looking at your friends list... tell me what happens...

Why did they remove multi-tasking??? WHY???

I've been listening to music and borwsing on the PS3 with no issues at all.

If your upscaling your music to something like 176k, then reduce it to 48k, and then you should be able todo both like me.

I don't understand what you're trying to tell me...

I just tried a song that's 3mins 6secs
Codec: MP3 128Kbps
Sampling Frequency: 44.100kHz 
2946KB 

4 ≈ One

^ In settings>music settings, you can choose your output sampling frequency. Set it to 48K, the other option upsamples but doesn't seem to allow background playing.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

At last I can put subtitles to video content on the HDD, gonna try that soon

Around the Network
WereKitten said:

^ In settings>music settings, you can choose your output sampling frequency. Set it to 48K, the other option upsamples but doesn't seem to allow background playing.

Thank you!!!!

4 ≈ One

i notice my trophy notifications is not coming up anymore... Was this feature also removed? I hope not, that little sound and pop up made all my hard work worth it and when i just beat a game and waited for a gold trophy to pop up it didnt happen... although i got it under my trophy collections...

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

does anyone know if unplayable video files became compatible?

superbeast1370 said:
does anyone know if unplayable video files became compatible?

I don't know, but the best way to find out would be to give it a shot and see. It's pretty sweet how the support for videos has grown. I remember when you had to convert ANY video you wanted to transfer to the PS3. lol, we've come such a long way from then.

Sicilian. said:
i notice my trophy notifications is not coming up anymore... Was this feature also removed? I hope not, that little sound and pop up made all my hard work worth it and when i just beat a game and waited for a gold trophy to pop up it didnt happen... although i got it under my trophy collections...

I just got a couple of trophies in GTA4 and they came up fine. Temporary glitch, maybe?