By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Unofficial Feature List of Firmware 3.0

The_God_of_War said:
Sicilian. said:
i notice my trophy notifications is not coming up anymore... Was this feature also removed? I hope not, that little sound and pop up made all my hard work worth it and when i just beat a game and waited for a gold trophy to pop up it didnt happen... although i got it under my trophy collections...

I just got a couple of trophies in GTA4 and they came up fine. Temporary glitch, maybe?

Perhaps... I mean i earned two trophys in the game by beating it... But neither popped up. Guess maybe it was just a glitch if its still working for everybody else 

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

Around the Network

The only feature I have seen in the firmware 3.0 is the amount of fail it contains.

Holy crap, if you're scrolling up or down a visual scroll bar will appear after a short time. While scrolling a HUGE column of things (like my 50 videos in the 'A' folder) can be a tedious, at least now there's a scroll bar to show you where you're at in it.

@Buddah: It's just doesn't bring anything HUGE to the PS3 like in-game XMB did, but it still has some nice changes none the less (though I do find the larger font to be a little annoying on my TV).

Unlike some people, it sounds okay to me. I set my PS3 to download it this morning before work. I'll test it out in a few minutes!

IllegalPaladin said:

RIP orchestra tuning and Playstation 3 game launch chirp :(

You WILL be missed

I agree. Even though it seems like such a small thing I, for some reason, like those little "flourishes." I also agree that the silver/grey box around friends is "nasty"; it just seems inconsistent now with the rest of XMB icons.

Around the Network

"Sub-headings have been added to the Settings list. Read them and facepalm. "

lol I did this

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

i like it.

you can scroll horizontally through the XMB by swinging the sixaxis like a frisby. thats pretty cool.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

hmm... maybe its just me, it only works with one of my controllers... the one i dropped yesterday onto a hard floor.

still, it's pretty cool, if i swing it left, the XMB scrolls left, if i swing right, it goes right. don't think its going to be particularly helpful playing games though.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

nice up date wish we could get rid of the whats new icon

it didnt tell me my upload and download speed it just should a - next to them

didnt know bout the sixaxis controlling the xmb ill have to try it

Play Me

horrible way to count trophies