By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time Thread

ON an ironic note...

Ratchet and Clank is outselling Brutal Legend on VGchartz...

R'n C : rank 45
BL: Rank 49

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

Around the Network
insomniac17 said:
I dunno if this has been posted in here, but I thought I'd post since Kantor loves new posts in his thread, and I just read this (while hoping to find a review for the game... where are they?!).

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1023732p1.html

"this game is visual sex"

Oh, and there's some stuff about the gameplay too.

Yay, a post!

That article is a month old.

Reviews should start appearing in the next couple of weeks. It's being overshadowed by its brother Uncharted 2.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

-ku- said:
ON an ironic note...

Ratchet and Clank is outselling Brutal Legend on VGchartz...

R'n C : rank 45
BL: Rank 49

Which isn't saying much. It has something like 35k pre-orders in NA.

EDIT: Wait a minute, what are you talking about? I figured it was pre-orders, but Brutal Legend (PS3) is 18th, and R&C is 22nd...

Kantor said:
insomniac17 said:
I dunno if this has been posted in here, but I thought I'd post since Kantor loves new posts in his thread, and I just read this (while hoping to find a review for the game... where are they?!).

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1023732p1.html

"this game is visual sex"

Oh, and there's some stuff about the gameplay too.

Yay, a post!

That article is a month old.

Reviews should start appearing in the next couple of weeks. It's being overshadowed by its brother Uncharted 2.

I know it's old, but I hadn't seen it. I figured that even if it was posted in this thread, that you wouldn't hold it against me since I added to the post count.

I'm hoping so... It's sad that there's almost no hype for the game.

I've never played a Ratchet and Clank before, but I think I plan on getting this upcoming one. Should I first buy the previous R&C Future games to understand the story, or will the story make sense either way? Not that the story is really as important to me in this kind of game.. simply platforming and shooting things with sweet guns is what I'm looking forward to.

Around the Network

Well you'll probably be able to pick up on it fairly easily, but I would definitely recommend getting Tools of Destruction at least. Quest for Booty is great too, and I'd recommend that, but the only important plot point is reintroducing the best villain from the series.
And Q4B is more of a platformer than a shooter.

vitoaf27 said:
I've never played a Ratchet and Clank before, but I think I plan on getting this upcoming one. Should I first buy the previous R&C Future games to understand the story, or will the story make sense either way? Not that the story is really as important to me in this kind of game.. simply platforming and shooting things with sweet guns is what I'm looking forward to.

You should definitely buy the earlier R&C Future games. Not only to catch up with the story, but to experience two of the best games on the PS3. Buy the PS2 Ratchet games as well, if you can, but steer clear of the PSP games- they are poor imitations and not made by Insomniac.

That goes for everyone: the story section in the OP is to remind yourself of the story if you've already beaten both multiple times. If you don't own ToD and QfB already, you should.

Kantor said:
vitoaf27 said:

You should definitely buy the earlier R&C Future games. Not only to catch up with the story, but to experience two of the best games on the PS3. Buy the PS2 Ratchet games as well, if you can, but steer clear of the PSP games- they are poor imitations and not made by Insomniac.

That goes for everyone: the story section in the OP is to remind yourself of the story if you've already beaten both multiple times. If you don't own ToD and QfB already, you should.

Okay, listen to this guy; he know's what he's saying! Though Size Matters is decent. It's short and the story sucks, but I had fun.

And if you can get the PS2 ones, definitely do. Even Deadlocked. It's more of a shooting game than a shooter/platformer, but it's still fun. Plus, the harbinger is even better than the RYNO and RYNO III. (I dunno about the RYNO II; that one's pretty awesome)

If somebody can show me a cheap place to get ToD, I will buy that. QFB is on the PSN isn't it? So that probably won't be cheap. I won't be getting the PS2 games because I don't have a backwards compatible PS3 and my PS2 is a piece. I'm also sort of cash-strapped so don't really want to go buy a million R&C games, only the very best and/or cheap ones.

vitoaf27 said:
If somebody can show me a cheap place to get ToD, I will buy that. QFB is on the PSN isn't it? So that probably won't be cheap. I won't be getting the PS2 games because I don't have a backwards compatible PS3 and my PS2 is a piece. I'm also sort of cash-strapped so don't really want to go buy a million R&C games, only the very best and/or cheap ones.

I'm not sure about the QfB PSN price in the USA, but I think it's $20. I believe it was £15 on the PS Store, but only £10 at retail. Of course, in the US, it's download only. Not overly cheap, but not bad.

Amazon has ToD for $27: http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank-Future-Destruction-Playstation-3/dp/B000UC5ML0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1255278068&sr=8-1

Then, pick up a $20 PSN card and buy QfB.