By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Phoneix Wright Games have BLOWN ME OVER! (What a HIDDEN GEM)!!

Up to now the series sold about 2.7 mio copies without Others data according to VGChartz (Miles Edgeworth: without NA/Others data). Best selling adventure game franchise of this generation (not counting Prof. Layton, as they are puzzle games IMO).

Around the Network

Good to hear the third gets better. I was a little disappointed by the last case in the second game, which builds up brilliantly and then suddenly becomes retarded. I won't expand on that, no need for spoilers. I didn't like the "psyche lock" mechanic either. Despite that, it is a great game, just not as good as the first.

I'm going to work my way through the series and hopefully have them all played by the time the Edgeworth game is out.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Explain please how this "blowing over" happened?

I've never seen such a thing occur. Blown up, blown away, Won over sure...but blown over? Sounds painful...

Well, about time you played it. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

@disolitude

First you explain how is it possible to be a "proud" owner of SEGA Saturn?

Jokes aside, the objection & shocking plot twists made me fall of my bed

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
The first game is great, the second is disappointing, the third is good again, doesn't beat the first one though.

Apollo Justice trumps all.

"Don't trust people with Kim Possible avatars!"

Oh. I see...

In my humble opinion, the trilogy is the best of the whole gen. It is just so immersive, the characters are so charismatic, and the history is so well written... Well, I was completely involved by the history, the references are so strong between the games that is almost a disaster to play it out of order. Oh, BTW, the last case of the third game... THAT is totally MIND-BLOWN. It closes the history and sum it up very well.

10/10 to me.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Jumpin said:
The third game is the best one, and the final case is the best. I didn't like Appollo Justice as much, too different. I have yet to complete the final case in that game, but first I want to get through Dragon Quest 5, which is AWESOME. Oh, and I just bought Professor Layton 2.

The last case of the Appollo game is the best of them. That one is worth the play time of the entire game.

darthdevidem01 said:
@disolitude

First you explain how is it possible to be a "proud" owner of SEGA Saturn?

Jokes aside, the objection & shocking plot twists made me fall of my bed

It only gets better. Seriously. The second game is a bit disappointing, but it opens the story so widely that you just see the need for that game after finishing the third game.

Dammit. Reading this thread means I won't buy Metroid Prime Trilogy on Friday, I need to buy Trials and Tribulations first...

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Pheonix wright probably has the best storytelling of any game, ever. You are guided quite firmly, but you still feel like you are participating in the story.

Part of it is because you always have to think ahead in the story, trying to see where it will twist to next. It's just brilliant!

If you haven't played them yet, DON'T WASTE ANY TIME DOING SO!

This is invisible text!