By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts Week 35 (2009). Batman: Arkham Asylum debuts.

@dejelek

yeah but 6 is closer to 7, so that means PS3 will get the FF7 remake not 360!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Edit: Late reply

Plus its true the wii is starting to own golf and tennis in video games, football could follow, but its still way too big a franchise on 360 and PS3. Having said that i do believe the sales of PES will e big especially since PES 2008 is still doing great numbers and has reached 1 million

stof said:
Quite surprised to see the 360 Tiger Woods outselling the Wii version.

Especially with the Wii Ashes trouncing the competition, suggesting that the Wii really is coming in to its own as a sports console.

Not sure what happened but the Toger Woods for 360 jumped from 39th to 23rd this week whilst the Wii version fell 3 places (the usual I would say). Must have been a promotion somewhere I would guess.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Ireland

(__) 01   BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM (EIDOS)
(01) 02   WII SPORTS RESORT (NINTENDO)
(03) 03   TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 10 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(02) 04   WOLFENSTEIN (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(04) 05   ASSASSIN'S CREED (UBISOFT)
(05) 06   CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(14) 07   LEGO STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA (LUCASARTS)
(12) 08   MARIO KART WII (NINTENDO)
(06) 09   WII FIT (NINTENDO)
(13) 10   CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(09) 11   HARRY POTTER & THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(17) 12   FIFA 09 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(08) 13   GUITAR HERO: ON TOUR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(15) 14   FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(18) 15   LEGO BATMAN: THE VIDEOGAME (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
(__) 16   TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(__) 17   EA SPORTS ACTIVE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(19) 18   ASHES CRICKET 2009 (CODEMASTERS)
(__) 19   BEN 10: ALIEN FORCE (D3P)
(__) 20   NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. (NINTENDO)

Munkeh111 said:
@ noobie, there were certainly no slims in this week

Anyway, good start for Batman, probably about 150k on both consoles in Europe. Good legs from Ashes Cricket 2009 thanks to the victory, that should stay level for about the 3rd week in a row

But PS3 price drop took effect on 18th, and this whole week PS3 was prices at 249 pounds. So it should have an effect on increased hardware n software sales

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
stof said:
Quite surprised to see the 360 Tiger Woods outselling the Wii version.

Especially with the Wii Ashes trouncing the competition, suggesting that the Wii really is coming in to its own as a sports console.

Both of them are being advertised on Wii, massively. Don't expect the same thing to happen with FIFA and PES, the biggest sports games

Probably not, though it will be interesting to see what PES can do when it actually comes out on time (even though the last one was only a couple months ago)

I really think that had Konami gave the Wii an equal PES focus that it would have been a pretty huge franchise on that console.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Noobie said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ noobie, there were certainly no slims in this week

Anyway, good start for Batman, probably about 150k on both consoles in Europe. Good legs from Ashes Cricket 2009 thanks to the victory, that should stay level for about the 3rd week in a row

But PS3 price drop took effect on 18th, and this whole week PS3 was prices at 249 pounds. So it should have an effect on increased hardware n software sales

Price drop had a moderate effect last week, PS3 went up 12% when every other console went down. I imagine the Phat price cut has had it's effect and it wasn't huge, but it did lead to a modest boost. Even though Sony may not have needed a slim to get themselves back on track, the fact they produced one in itself will have a dampening effect on the sales of the discontinued SKU because everyone knows people want the latest model of whatever product you happen to be selling.

You can't pass any judgements on Sony's latest moves until there is reliable sales data for slim. It'll be somewhere in between the extremes of people's predictions.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

eidos= square enix so it must be an good game.

darthdevidem01 said:
@dejelek

yeah but 6 is closer to 7, so that means PS3 will get the FF7 remake not 360!!!

Germany (consoles)

(01) 01 Wii Wii Sports Resort  
(__) 02 PS3 Batman: Arkham Asylum  
(02) 03 DS Pokemon Platin-Edition  
(__) 04 XBox 360 Batman: Arkham Asylum  
(03) 05 Wii Wii Fit  
(04) 06 Wii Mario Kart Wii  
(07) 07 DS Professor Layton und das geheimnisvolle Dorf  
(06) 08 DS Mario Kart DS  
(05) 09 Wii EA SPORTS ACTIVE Personal Trainer  
(08) 10 DS New Super Mario Bros.  

Germany (PC)