By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Crysis 2 screenshot? (must see)

Holy crap lol, that is completely realistic, it can't be real :P.

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
If only the game was as good as it's graphics. From what I hear, crysis 1 isn't.

Crysis is utter shit. Believe me.

I still got to get a computer that can handle the first one.

wow.

oh great.. the xbox720 and ps4 are gonna be riddled with even more RROD/YLOD!

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Slimebeast said:

^ No Squirrel.

From the photograph in the OP, it's detail level is so high that you can see the ground surface/rubble is not a texture, u could not simulate that with a flat texture.

And the grass and rest of the foilage is even more detailed. Impossible to render before 2015. And even more impossible to design and develop.

Its called a procedural texture using perlin noise, and is completely possible using hardware as old as an Geforce 3 ...

Still to get detailed displacements from a procedural material like shown here would require some massive tessellation on the ground plane so it would be up around ~2million polys.  Character models for todays games are around 40,000.

I saw a tech-demo from GamesCom(PS3). It looks nice

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

Fumanchu said:
HappySqurriel said:
Slimebeast said:

^ No Squirrel.

From the photograph in the OP, it's detail level is so high that you can see the ground surface/rubble is not a texture, u could not simulate that with a flat texture.

And the grass and rest of the foilage is even more detailed. Impossible to render before 2015. And even more impossible to design and develop.

Its called a procedural texture using perlin noise, and is completely possible using hardware as old as an Geforce 3 ...

Still to get detailed displacements from a procedural material like shown here would require some massive tessellation on the ground plane so it would be up around ~2million polys.  Character models for todays games are around 40,000.

Tessellation is a major feature of DX11.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

THIS IS FAKE AND I ACTUALLY HAVE REAL PROOF. I was watching a video on youtube, i was listening to speed of sound by coldplay. And the video was made in april 2007, but one of the pictures is this picture that they claim is a crysis 2 screenshot, so obviously its fake if its in a video from 2007. Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4avIV6subV0

P.S. its 12 seconds into the video and sorry to dissappoint everyone.

Bullshit, i found a video on youtube made in 2007 that used this picture, type in coldplay speed of sound relax, and its the first video. Also the picture is 12 seconds into the video