By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I played some God of War III today

lucky guy

Around the Network

@Dgc1808

You have to play the second, the story is the most important thing in GOW.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Khuutra did you feel at any point during your playthrough that there was a chance that Uncharted 2 could be better?

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Khuutra did you feel at any point during your playthrough that there was a chance that Uncharted 2 could be better?

You know the Uncharted 2 demo kiosk was right there but I didn't play it. I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know.

Khuutra said:
The graphics were very nice but did not "blow me away" because I normally focused on the whole environment, FanExpo Canada is just a place where nerds get together...

And yes, the cyclops ride is very fluid. Not perfectly under control, but not cumbersome either.

This is great news (for me at least)! I remember seeing a video before and it was lagging like hell.

So, how's Canada/Toronto?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

The weather is nice. The people are nice. What's not to like?

There is a delay on the cyclops' attacks, or at least the strong one, but he responds immediately - it just takes him a second to rear back before hitting the enemy.

Were there visibly more enemies on screen than in previous games? But not so many as to make it a mess, as in a certain Heavenly Sword game?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

nice :)

Khuutra said:

See title.

I was at FanExpo Canada with my wife today, and wandered through the gaming section. Stood in line for thirty minutes to get to this damn demo. So how was it, you might ask?

Well, it controls more or less exactly like previous God of Wars, so if you're good at the original or God of War II, you will probably be good at this game. I discovered I was a lot more experienced with this system than the other people in line, who were "teh sux" by comparison, and also took forever to get off the damn game.

I went through a few fights, the major ones being one involving a Centaur, the fight with the Manticore, and the miniboss fight that everyone knows, ending in Helios' decapitation. They are pretty nice spectacle fights, and I had fun riding the Cyclops around.

Having to watch all sides of the damn screen for QTEs means I couldn't focus on what was going on most of the time, which was a pain in the ass. I wish they would go back to the old system.

Anyway! It is a pretty fun game, about like the last few, and the scale and number of enemies has exploded. Plays without a hitch, too.

Very nice.

Also: violent. Who knew?

I don't know why everyone came in here and didn't even question what you said, I don't think a single person was suspicious so you were taking advantage of your credibility. But I saw right through you lie as soon as you told it. I don't know why you're tying to get your kicks telling a story like that and trolling so many people here in the process.

No, you playing God of War III I believe. But we all know you have no wife!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Khuutra said:

See title.

I was at FanExpo Canada with my wife today, and wandered through the gaming section. Stood in line for thirty minutes to get to this damn demo. So how was it, you might ask?

Well, it controls more or less exactly like previous God of Wars, so if you're good at the original or God of War II, you will probably be good at this game. I discovered I was a lot more experienced with this system than the other people in line, who were "teh sux" by comparison, and also took forever to get off the damn game.

I went through a few fights, the major ones being one involving a Centaur, the fight with the Manticore, and the miniboss fight that everyone knows, ending in Helios' decapitation. They are pretty nice spectacle fights, and I had fun riding the Cyclops around.

Having to watch all sides of the damn screen for QTEs means I couldn't focus on what was going on most of the time, which was a pain in the ass. I wish they would go back to the old system.

Anyway! It is a pretty fun game, about like the last few, and the scale and number of enemies has exploded. Plays without a hitch, too.

Very nice.

Also: violent. Who knew?

I don't know why everyone came in here and didn't even question what you said, I don't think a single person was suspicious so you were taking advantage of your credibility. But I saw right through you lie as soon as you told it. I don't know why you're tying to get your kicks telling a story like that and trolling so many people here in the process.

No, you playing God of War III I believe. But we all know you have no wife!

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)