By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So I played some God of War III today

See title.

I was at FanExpo Canada with my wife today, and wandered through the gaming section. Stood in line for thirty minutes to get to this damn demo. So how was it, you might ask?

Well, it controls more or less exactly like previous God of Wars, so if you're good at the original or God of War II, you will probably be good at this game. I discovered I was a lot more experienced with this system than the other people in line, who were "teh sux" by comparison, and also took forever to get off the damn game.

I went through a few fights, the major ones being one involving a Centaur, the fight with the Manticore, and the miniboss fight that everyone knows, ending in Helios' decapitation. They are pretty nice spectacle fights, and I had fun riding the Cyclops around.

Having to watch all sides of the damn screen for QTEs means I couldn't focus on what was going on most of the time, which was a pain in the ass. I wish they would go back to the old system.

Anyway! It is a pretty fun game, about like the last few, and the scale and number of enemies has exploded. Plays without a hitch, too.

Very nice.

Also: violent. Who knew?

Around the Network

Thats kick ass

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

What is FanExpo Canada?

Were u blown away by the grafix btw?

How was the cyclops ride? Does it feel fluid?

The graphics were very nice but did not "blow me away" because I normally focused on the whole environment, FanExpo Canada is just a place where nerds get together...

And yes, the cyclops ride is very fluid. Not perfectly under control, but not cumbersome either.

Around the Network

You've been to Hades and back!!!

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:

Twice. If they do it again in GoW3 it's going to be kind of old hat.

Looks nice. Was it 1080p ? No slowdowns?

ruimartiniman said:

Looks nice. Was it 1080p ? No slowdowns?

I am clueless as to the first question - the screen was kind of small, so maybe not.

But no, I didn't notice any slowdown. Doesn't mean there wasn't any, just that I was too busy tearing things in half.

Khuutra said:
nen-suer said:

Twice. If they do it again in GoW3 it's going to be kind of old hat.

BTW: Actually its three times (u forgot about GOW coo for the psp )

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)