By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are you looking forward to Resistance 3?

I know I am. I love the first and second ones. The first one has a better single player story while the second one has one of the best multiplayers I've ever played. My guess is it would be out towards the end of next year. So are u looking forward to it?

Around the Network

Not really, no. Never played the original (though I might get it soon, since it's so cheap now), but I thought the sequel was generic and boring. Not bad, but nothing special. I think CoD4 and KZ2 are both MILES better, and MAG should be better as well. 2010 has too many awesome games for me to be interested in how Insomniac can make Resistance even LESS original (because despite its flaws, the first game was original).

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Hell yes I am! They better put back co-op mode and keep the multiplayer at least as good as the second one. Also, I hope they bring Rachel back, I liked her dictating the story. I am a bit sad that Resistance 2 didn't sell a bit more. It deserves 2mil easy.

For the best shooter series available on the PS3 ?
You can bet your ass I am

If they make the single player story good, don't let hale talk if they bring him back (they ruined the atmosphere that was so wonderful in the first game), allow co-op on the SP campaign like in fall of man, make the online co-op even more fun. AKA what they should have done for R2.

Around the Network
DaBuddahN said:
Hell yes I am! They better put back co-op mode and keep the multiplayer at least as good as the second one. Also, I hope they bring Rachel back, I liked her dictating the story. I am a bit sad that Resistance 2 didn't sell a bit more. It deserves 2mil easy.

Insomniac added more online players and online co-op at the expense of any speck of originality and anything resembling a story.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

It just depends on how much they learned from 2. I liked the first one, but the second I felt was incredibly lacking. The co-op was fun but the competitive multiplayer and the singleplayer were incredibly flawed and/or lackluster. I'm going to approach the third one with an air of skepticism.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

yeh i am, i think its the best ps3-exclusive fps series.

Yes! I guess this is just because I am an Insomniac whore so whatever they put out I will hype and buy.

No.

The first one wasn't horrible but I had to force myself to finish it. It couldn't be more generic in most everything it did but it was at least a nice throwback to classic run and gun shooters. It wasn't afraid to not do anything new and it at least benifitted from that.  The narrator part was cool and probably my favorite part but by far my least favorite were the damn vehicle sections. I don't think they could have come up with a dumber control scheme there.

I started Resistance 2 but I never finished it. They took away the two things R:FoM had going for it: holding more than two weapons and the narrator. The game just wasn't good.

Considering my total lack of enthusiasm for the last two, I really don't see myself bothering with the third.